The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 a mate for monty

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
brendon Posted - 08/05/2012 : 19:04:04
hi guys 1 or 2 of you may know i recently joined the group after getting monty now then i am toying with the idea of getting a pal for monty ..... get monty sexed and a playmate but i know nothing about how this would turn out would they be pals or would ther be a fight to the death what would be the best way to introduce a mate if it is not a bad idea ? i do have an extra tank if the pairing is possible but not quite right on when or if its tried i need you guys to tell me of your experiences please
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
brendon Posted - 19/05/2012 : 22:17:16
ok thanks hodgie id just rather know what i was putting in ther if i do decide to try to breed in the future instead ov getting A SNAKE n puttin them together not knowin what he was like ..... i have handled him and he is lovely im collecting him as soon as i get back off holiday :) that sounds ace leedxmd :) have been looking around online myself n found out about axthantic and daaaaammmmm ther stunning :) my corn is black n silver its grown to 4 foot so know how good they look :) hope your rosie is ok lotabob i lost a 2 year old golden knee after its last shed bout a month ago had that from sling its not nice man :(
Lotabob Posted - 17/05/2012 : 20:32:35
quote:
Originally posted by brendon

lotabob am very pleased to read you have an obt very nice :D dunno if boris fits mine tho is called terminator lol oh my salmon pink is called THE HOFF love givin ma babes proper names hahaha

Just noticed this, my OBT would suit the terminator, then again so would my Salmon, they are both incredible feeders, I have a Chilean too but it seems to be struggling, I think its wild caught I got it online and didnt know the history but I'm working with it the best I can, it will be OK or else.
Leedxmg Posted - 16/05/2012 : 23:35:21
I'm thinking about doing this exact thing aswell, but I'm going to wait till my males matured first then buy a beautiful cinnamon female :) hopefully one day to make my favourite morph, super cinnamon! :) good post!
hodgie Posted - 16/05/2012 : 19:34:58
Just because they are the same age doesn`t mean they`ll grow at the same rate. I have a 6 and 1/2 year old Pastel male who`s only just over a kg.
brendon Posted - 16/05/2012 : 14:08:07
hey guys have just got back from reptile centre n am very happy to report monty is a girl :) have reserved a fella :) ..... to be in another tank so will have the option to breed when they are proper size only young at the moment tho he is a little bit bigger than her right now but they wouldn be put be together for quite a while anyway jus wanted the other to be same kinda age n size to start with so they grow side by side and i know exactly what an dealing with if they are paired up not jus a random grown male
brendon Posted - 09/05/2012 : 18:57:17
ok thanks guys ye am happy to go with what you say chrisc your a full grown royal and im only a mite lol another tank it shall be :) and lotabob am very pleased to read you have an obt very nice :D dunno if boris fits mine tho is called terminator lol oh my salmon pink is called THE HOFF love givin ma babes proper names hahaha
Lotabob Posted - 08/05/2012 : 20:53:15
quote:
Originally posted by hodgie

jiggy jiggy happy times

HAHA
hodgie Posted - 08/05/2012 : 20:20:13
Royals are solitary creatures, they dont need friends except for jiggy jiggy happy times. I`ve never heard of any fighting either.
chrisc Posted - 08/05/2012 : 19:20:03
i personally wouldnt co habit any snakes.
have a read through this thread
http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2922.
as you say youve already got a spare setup then just get another an keep them in separate vivs

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000