The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Should i be worried yet?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JamesA Posted - 12/05/2012 : 23:03:24
Hi all, well up until a couple of weeks ago, Charlie never missed a feed. But needless to say it was too good to last and he has now refused 3 in a row. Last one he ate was on the 24th of April, and hes refused again tonight. Just not interested at all!

He is acting quite differently these last weeks, out and about a lot, climbing, sitting on the wood in his viv rather than in his hide.

He is just coming up a year old and is currently 390g. Is it due to the start of the breeding season maybe?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
HaydenK Posted - 13/05/2012 : 13:36:45
I am no genius myself but I think you should start leaving it a week now. He will eventually snub some food. Patience is key to this :)
JamesA Posted - 13/05/2012 : 07:57:06
Thanks for that, i'll try not to worry too much and keep an eye on his weight.
Usually feed him every 5 days, shall i leave it a week now, or longer between attempts?
chrisc Posted - 13/05/2012 : 00:12:26
as said 3 feeds is nothing just keep a record of their weight.
my little one frank has had 3 or 4 feeds in the last 4 or so months an only lost a few grams
Lotabob Posted - 13/05/2012 : 00:07:36
In captive snakes breeding season can be any time really if thats the indication the snake is getting from its surroundings, but at a year old he's probably just realised he is a man and has this new toy he desperately wants to play with but to no avail.

3 feeds missed is nothing, when it hits 3 months then it can get a bit stressful for us owners but for the snakes its just what they do.
ajokocha Posted - 12/05/2012 : 23:09:42
I can only advise you to stay calm about the few missed feeds, my Floyd has missed 3 in a row before, awkward little git lol. I've seen people on here who's royals have gone six months without eating and have lost minimal weight. To be honest I don't really know when breeding season starts so I can't really comment on that. Without a doubt someone will come along soon knowing more though, so try not to worry just yet mate

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000