The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 New to Royals

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lincsfox Posted - 16/05/2012 : 14:12:11
Hi,

I've got a spare viv which I had made for our Amel Corn (at huge expense), but she keeps escaping from it, so once she's been found from here current walkabout she'll be going back in a clamp down viv. The viv is 4ft x 20in x 2ft, would this be suitable for an adult Royal? I understand I need to remove the heat mat and it already has a lamp, so that should be fine.

What are Royal's like at escaping? My better half is far happier with them when they are in the tank, rather than wondering around the house!

How big would you suggest the python needs to be before I could put it in this viv?

I'm looking at an adult snake, so that they can go straight in to this viv, does anyone have any advice on where to look for either pre-owned or rescued snakes?

Lots of questions I know, but any help gratefully recieved
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lincsfox Posted - 16/05/2012 : 15:14:25
I'm based in Stamford, Lincolnshire, but don't mind travelling for the right royal. I love animals and would always try to give a pet a second chance rather than buying new, that said it's somewhat easier with dogs than it is proving to be with snakes!
Fezza Posted - 16/05/2012 : 14:56:27
That size viv would be ok for an adult royal, make sure you have a couple of hides (one warm end, one cold end) and you should be fine

Loads of places to get royal, check out your local reptile rescue centres and enjoy the warm fuzzy feeling of giving an unwanted royal another chance. Where abouts are you based? Someone may be able to put you in touch with a rescue place near by

Welcome to the site also

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000