The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 RUB Help

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lincsfox Posted - 23/05/2012 : 12:47:01
As you may know from my post on the general thread, I'm starting to work with a local pet refuge to improve the way they're keeping their snakes (at present it's a complete mess with no knowledge), space and cost are the 2 major factors for them, so I've suggested keeping the bulk of their collection in RUBs, only slight issue is that I've never used them, so that's where you guys come in.

Can someone give me appropriate RUB sizes for the following (all adult):

Corn
King
Milk
Royal
Carpet
Rock

Also, as cost is a consideration, is there a cheaper way of heating multiple RUBs than heat mats?

Thanks

4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
chrisc Posted - 23/05/2012 : 15:04:27
if your going to put colubrids in rubs(if their adult) i would have a look for the big flat ones(cant remember the size) as these have much more floor space than the 50ltr rubs
Kelfezond Posted - 23/05/2012 : 14:51:47
Honestly not sure I don't keep any colubrids, I would assume as long as they had a large enough RUB they would be fine, a lot of people keep bigger snakes in RUB's it's just a personal preference of mine to give bigger snakes room to climb and move around a bit more. :)
Lincsfox Posted - 23/05/2012 : 14:08:38
Kelfezond, thanks for this. I assume kings, corns & milks are ok in RUBs? If we can get most of those out of the reptile house there will be room to house the carpets and rocks in the vivs.

Kelfezond Posted - 23/05/2012 : 13:14:15
An adult royal is suitable in a 50lt rub, I personally wouldn't house a carpet or a rock in a RUB as they're too big. Only reason I house royals in them is purely because royals like dark crampt spaces

Edit: Yes you can use heat cable instead of heat mats :)

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000