The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 too soon?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
carlb1981 Posted - 24/05/2012 : 06:52:51
Tried feeding Marty last night after he shed on Tuesday but he didn't seem interested so left it in viv over night and it was still there this morning before I left for work, was a combination of just shedding and only been in viv 2 days too soon to feed? He was due to feed on Monday but pet shop just told me to leave it till after he'd shed and just to bath him to help his shed along as his last one was bad. How long should I leave it before trying again? And I'm not gonna handle him anymore until he's fed a few times, also how well can they hear? Just I live next to a road and was wondering if the traffic noise could be affecting him?

Carl
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JanieW Posted - 24/05/2012 : 10:11:45
lol not that often, but when Slinky goes its usually on me, tho he did leave a nice puddle in Katana's bed. Went right through to the mattress..and oh boy it smells.
carlb1981 Posted - 24/05/2012 : 10:07:02
This might be a stupid question but how often do they wee lol
Lincsfox Posted - 24/05/2012 : 09:59:03
I would try feeding at dusk, as this is their natural hunting time, it might help, but as above, give it another week of just changing the water and spot cleaning. No handling
carlb1981 Posted - 24/05/2012 : 08:37:20
Thanks will try him again on Monday and give him time to settle
JanieW Posted - 24/05/2012 : 07:52:20
I feed my guys at all times, I have fed in the morning, afternoon and evening..but then I broke all the rules from the start. I have had problems with my Beauty snake who had a horrendous shed, but his eye caps had stuck so he wouldn't even pause to sniff a mouse.

I'd say the best time of day to feed, is when its best for you..snakes don't have set dinner times :)

carlb1981 Posted - 24/05/2012 : 07:45:38
Hi janie his shed was in loads of pieces but it all came off ok, is there a time of day that's best to feed?
Carl
JanieW Posted - 24/05/2012 : 07:35:11
Hi Carl,

It could be due the shed or having just moved, i'd say the latter most likely assuming that he had a clean shed and eyecaps etc came off.
I doubt the road has any bearing on him :

I'd leave it 5 days and try again.
chrisc Posted - 24/05/2012 : 07:33:05
some will feed straight away but others may take few weeks to settle in.
give him a week before offeing again.
they cant hear much they sense vibrations an its very unlikley that he will even notice the road

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000