The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Second feed - no interest - UPDATED 30th May

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Meadow Posted - 25/05/2012 : 08:22:57
Hi

I've just tried to feed Penelope her second mouse (today is the 6th day and I was going by the 0-400g, feed every 5 days, but forgot it was the fifth day yesterday until it was too late). She showed absolutely no interest at all so in the end I just left the mouse in the viv and figured if she's hungry she'll take it at some point through the day. Then I thought maybe I should have waited until tonight, since she's nocturnal (doh!).

How long will the mouse be ok in the viv before it starts getting all bacterial? Will a couple of hours be ok? Then I guess I should just remove it - will it be ok down the loo to get rid of it?

A million questions, as always Thanks in advance
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 30/05/2012 : 20:36:03
Congrats!

They are awkward little gits - I was about to offer Sharif his third feed with me today but he had his head out of his warm hide with a pleased, proud smile on his face.

A large mess - just where I meant to place his grub! So cleaned up - and he retreated, so left him his lunch at the mouth of his hide ...five minutes later he'd left another mess next to it! And was curled up on top of it and guarding it ...now I realised, with blue eyes!

Cleaned up and disposed of contaminated rodent - the little git can wait now until he's shed!

Royals eh? Congrats again to Penelope!
Meadow Posted - 30/05/2012 : 20:25:05
*** UPDATE ***

Original mouse safely discarded!

I offered Penelope another mouse tonight and at first she struck, but missed. This was in her viv, near her favourite hide. After a few more minutes she struck and coiled around the mouse, before dragging it behind her hide, out of view, hidden under some plants ...so no photos She fed, though, that's the main thing
Lotabob Posted - 25/05/2012 : 13:09:49
I wouldn't flush them, they aren't as soft as other items that are disposed of down the toilet (I was so polite) and may block it or even worse the crocodiles that live in the sewers will eat them and get really big then we are all in trouble.

Dont worry about missed feeds, its a Royal's thing. Feeding at night is a better idea in my opinion, I dont get up in the middle of the night for a hamburger too busy sleeping.

Chucking them at the bottom of the garden can get you a hefty fine, just stick it in a bag (I use dog poo bags) and put it in the bin.
Meadow Posted - 25/05/2012 : 10:23:46
quote:
Originally posted by Kelfezond

You can flush it but I wouldn't want to be the guy who has to explain to the plumber why he's fishing out a dead rat lol
lol fair enough, I'll chuck it at the bottom of the garden and something will eat it, but if it's still there later on I'll move it to the brown bin
Kelfezond Posted - 25/05/2012 : 08:45:57
I feed my guys at about midnight and leave it until about 11am by then they're just starting to get a little bit funky, you could leave a little longer but it'll start to smell :P
You can flush it but I wouldn't want to be the guy who has to explain to the plumber why he's fishing out a dead rat lol

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000