The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 overcrowding

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
carlb1981 Posted - 30/05/2012 : 19:20:22
I visited a petshop today that I just found out about to see if the had any royals and was quite surprised to find a viv full of hatchlings I couldn't count how many there was they were all over the viv even hanging from cables to an unused fluorescent light and crowded together under some bark is this ok to keep them like that cos I was quite shocked
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 30/05/2012 : 23:30:26
quote:
Originally posted by Carl

Where I got my royal from he had quite a few. They were all housed in their own separate rub inside a huge viv. Each had their own water bowl and what not and any that's didn't feed had a note attached to the rub to say so.

Seemed okay to me to keep them like that, what do you think? He did seem to really care for them too, only letting the ones that had fed go. He'd only sell the fussy eaters to someone experienced with royals.

They sound like cbs from a responsible breeder, cool, that is how it should be.
Evolution Morphs Posted - 30/05/2012 : 23:23:07
quote:
Originally posted by austin_89

I know lol but I don't think they should be able to pay so little for them...

Just think what £10 would buy you in africa
Although the seller in africa prob got £1-£3 each
Carl Posted - 30/05/2012 : 23:08:44
Where I got my royal from he had quite a few. They were all housed in their own separate rub inside a huge viv. Each had their own water bowl and what not and any that's didn't feed had a note attached to the rub to say so.

Seemed okay to me to keep them like that, what do you think? He did seem to really care for them too, only letting the ones that had fed go. He'd only sell the fussy eaters to someone experienced with royals.
carlb1981 Posted - 30/05/2012 : 20:22:08
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

At this time of the year they'll probably be the first cfs ...yeah and they won't even know who's feeding and who's not. No surprise but still very saddened. Poor little devils.

This was my thought, I know every snakes pattern is different but there's no way on earth you could tell that many apart from each other unless you were the rain man
n/a Posted - 30/05/2012 : 20:14:57
At this time of the year they'll probably be the first cfs ...yeah and they won't even know who's feeding and who's not. No surprise but still very saddened. Poor little devils.

austin_89 Posted - 30/05/2012 : 20:11:43
I know lol but I don't think they should be able to pay so little for them...
carlb1981 Posted - 30/05/2012 : 20:10:14
Not sure how much the hatchlings were selling for but they had a young one in its own viv for £65
Lincsfox Posted - 30/05/2012 : 20:06:59
I think D3lboys suggesting the petshop bought them for that price
austin_89 Posted - 30/05/2012 : 20:05:18
Seriously?! £10 for a normal royal..? How can they sell them for so little?
Evolution Morphs Posted - 30/05/2012 : 20:01:23
they prob got a good deal on cf royals about £10 each but had to buy so many to get them for that price

thats just one thought though
austin_89 Posted - 30/05/2012 : 19:58:34
I've never seen one so crowded but pet shops only think of money, there is the odd exception that cares about the welfare more then the money.
carlb1981 Posted - 30/05/2012 : 19:54:59
Surely they shouldn't take on so many hatchlings in the 1st place if the don't sell quick they could be in there a while, there had to have been at least 20 in there
austin_89 Posted - 30/05/2012 : 19:43:53
No! But pet shops do this all the time! It's cheaper and more space saving than individual vivs...

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000