The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Proud Mummy

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
coxcats Posted - 01/06/2012 : 19:02:59
Just had to share - Sas chomped his way through a large rat today! I was a bit worried at first because it was bigger than the last ones he has been having. I warmed it's head with a hairdryer then waved it about in front of him. He tried to strike but missed! Silly sod. So I put it on the rock thing he has in his viv. He slithered over and had a good sniff. Then dragged it into his house where he squeezed it for a while. Much scraping and weird noises later he stuck his head out with a very large grin on his face! What a clever boy!
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
coxcats Posted - 01/06/2012 : 21:42:20
He is still grinning!
n/a Posted - 01/06/2012 : 21:31:03
Congrats Sas! And many more of them!
Lotabob Posted - 01/06/2012 : 21:28:44
A range of sizes within a size bracket can be a bit of a fiddle but its usually nothing they cant swallow down. My usual mediums are looking quite large this time round but not the largest he has eaten. Oh the joys of keeping these wonderful but odd creatures.
coxcats Posted - 01/06/2012 : 19:57:13
The thing was I didnt intentionally up the size of the rat. I got them from the shop I normally use & they have seen Sas several times so know how big he is etc. When I got them home I realised they were bigger but thought I'd give it a try and see how he goes. He didnt even periscope as he swallowed it, like he usually does, as he was in his house!Greedy boy!
ajokocha Posted - 01/06/2012 : 19:47:50
Good las sas! I always worry that theyll struggle when I up the food size, and I'm always left amazed when they just wallop it straight down them lol.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000