The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Size of water bowl?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Silky Posted - 09/06/2012 : 11:20:35
Hi all,

Have had our new royal "Sir Ranulph" for a week now, hes a CB09 Normal and & fed yesterday (Outside Viv in a large rub). Got him from Rugby Reptiles where our Corns have come from and seems to be in great condition and is a joy to handle, very calm and relaxed.
Hes in a 3x14x16 viv with 2 Ex-large hides each end and seems to be using both to thermo regulate and both hot and cold temps seem ideal with humidity at 50%. (Thanks to Lotabob for the set up post).

I have a question about the size of his water bowl. I am currently using a very large bowl which takes up most of the centre of the viv and it seems overkill. Can I ask what size water bowls some of you use as I am sure I don't need one that big.

Sorry for the long post, but I thought the info might be useful for a reply.

Cheers
Silky

6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kelfezond Posted - 10/06/2012 : 09:19:37
I use a medium/large dog water bowl for my adult royals they're nice and heavy so don't tip and I pick them up at pampered pets (I think)
Lotabob Posted - 10/06/2012 : 01:41:21
http://www.tesco.com/direct/tesco-cook-it-33cm-rectangular-ceramic-roaster-white/213-0696.prd?skuId=213-0696&pageLevel=

I use these, £3 in store, good a heavy so they dont/cant tip and nice and clean looking too.
chrisc Posted - 09/06/2012 : 20:35:45
i use the big dog bowls from range £6.99 i think they were
matthewsaint Posted - 09/06/2012 : 18:47:16
I use a medium size dog food bowl from Wilkinsons, I've had perfect sheds every time from my royal, he usually bathes a couple of days before shedding :)
Lotabob Posted - 09/06/2012 : 17:52:06
I would say the bigger the better but I have also used rabbit bowls too, I now use huge ceramic baking pots in my vivariums, to give them somewhere to bathe should they choose or just somewhere to get a drink.
richard v Posted - 09/06/2012 : 13:15:27
Hi there, I use a rabbit feeding bowl, hope you know what size that is or this info will be no good :)

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000