The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Hissing at food

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Pythonwizard Posted - 15/06/2012 : 17:40:26
Hi I have Klara now for a while and she has only eating hand full of times but when I feeding her she is is hissing at the food and still can't get her to eat
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Pythonwizard Posted - 15/06/2012 : 19:59:23
Where she fine being handled hiss at first but when it come to food she stubben little think she hasn't lost much wieght she much more active than monty ( btw ill have to get some more pics of him hess growing a lot ). Hope she will start soon thanks bats
n/a Posted - 15/06/2012 : 18:43:07
Ah right, then it's not that. She sounds like a bit of a madam ...have you tried feeding last thing at night, warming the prey of course, but simply putting it in the cool end for her to smell and find by herself overnight? This is what I'm trying next time with my fasting lot who ought to be eating by now except the weather's so cold I can't blame them for thinking it's still winter lol. They are awkward little gits sometimes - good luck with her!
Pythonwizard Posted - 15/06/2012 : 18:15:41
She only shed about 2weeks ago
n/a Posted - 15/06/2012 : 17:47:44
Is this a recent thing - if so do you think she might be going into shed? That can make them grumpy; they hiss at anything.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000