The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Pythons
 Breeding Pythons (or other snakes)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kylashnikov Posted - 17/06/2011 : 01:09:32
I've put it in here as this is really a subject that could cover a number of snake species etc.

I obviously have an interest in snakes otherwise I wouldn't be here, and recently I've been trying to learn genetics etc with the help of my girlfriend as she took A level biology, and she's bloody good at it to be honest haha.

Anyway I was just wondering how much of a market there is for morphs, as in the future when I've learnt (a lot more) about royals and their breeding (eventually other types of snake, hence me putting the thread here) I'd be interesting in breeding them. I'd do so lovingly of course and if there is a market for it I'd consider making a small business out of it. I'm not sure if I'm being overly ambitious over it or not, just wondering if any of you have any experience in anything like this?

I'm currently at university so it's just an idea in the pipeline at the moment, I'd even love to do it as a hobby alongside another job to be honest if I had time to care for a lot of critters.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kylashnikov Posted - 17/06/2011 : 12:37:32
Thanks for getting back to me guys, I understand that it's a very tricky thing to do, I'd probably do it as a hobby first and foremost, and then sell on the babies that I don't have room to keep. So really it'd end up being a hobby that I get paid for. I've had a few little fun ideas that I haven't really seen on other breeders websites too, but I'm afraid I'll have to keep that secret
reptilemadd Posted - 17/06/2011 : 10:10:00
I'm thinking of doing this also but the only problem is, is that the morphs that are a couple of hundred pounds now might only be 40 or 50 in three years time so my advise would be to buy the best morphs you can now, then in three years have a go and if it works great if not at least you'd have some really lovely snakes in your collection either way make sure you have fun and enjoy the animals :)
Kelfezond Posted - 17/06/2011 : 07:31:53
I think alot of us are going down this path, I know I am.

The industry is quite popular at the moment so the market is busy but that could be just because so many people are buying morphs to breed themselves :)

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000