The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Pythons
 Blood Pythons

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lotabob Posted - 29/10/2011 : 13:46:27
I know there has been a few topics and pic of these but I finally met 2 in the flesh today and I'm in love, they are stunning and absolutely HUGE. The colouration is incredible. The guy in the shop was saying they are usually pretty lazy but have a temper on them which because of their weight in muscle their strike is like getting hit by a train with teeth and he copped for one in the face.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lotabob Posted - 31/10/2011 : 18:31:05
I don't think I've ever seen a blood in a hide now you mention it.
Margwar Posted - 31/10/2011 : 15:36:55
He's been amazing so far, although he is refusing to hide, so I'm gonna pack his RUB out with natural hides, wood leaves etc.
Not tried feeding him yet, he was on chicks and has only been eating rats for the past 3 weeks, so I'm not expecting a brilliant response, just so long as he eats!
Tawfik47 Posted - 30/10/2011 : 21:12:07
Wow!! but gorgeous snake indeed, loved his color very much.
reptiledanny Posted - 30/10/2011 : 13:39:00
your best bet would be to go and speak to CDN blood on the rainbow boa forum. he has years of expirience with them, and is highly informative with them while telling you the truth about them every time
they are not infact like what everyone thinks, where people think they are similar to royals, they are infact the complete opposite apparently, but would speak to him as he is in the know
boomslang Posted - 29/10/2011 : 18:55:49
quote:
Originally posted by jhk2005

Too right they pack quite a punch - my previous blood was fine as a baby but had a foul temper as he got older ; he tagged my hand one day and left 3 teeth behind?! not much fun trying to pull them out with a pair of tweezers!!

Still think their gorgeous snakes but definitely prefer my royals and burms

Yeah i heard they can be right ****s,What happened to your one?
jhk2005 Posted - 29/10/2011 : 17:14:32
Too right they pack quite a punch - my previous blood was fine as a baby but had a foul temper as he got older ; he tagged my hand one day and left 3 teeth behind?! not much fun trying to pull them out with a pair of tweezers!!

Still think their gorgeous snakes but definitely prefer my royals and burms
Lotabob Posted - 29/10/2011 : 16:05:17
quote:
Originally posted by Margwar

I can't help showing off a little bit now.

My late Birthday present that I got yesterday.
He's a 2010 Sumatran and he's puppy dog tame, no signs of aggression what so ever, he's pretty small at the moment, the previous owner has only just been able to get him onto rats after eating chicks.

OH I WANT ONE. They are so pretty. Congrats on the new arrival, lots of photos and videos please.
n/a Posted - 29/10/2011 : 15:30:28
Oh, congrats! He is so stunningly marked ...lovely!
boomslang Posted - 29/10/2011 : 15:21:52
They are lovely snakes,and like people have said short and huge fat lol.can't they be alittle aggressive?
blackskull Posted - 29/10/2011 : 15:06:16
love it, stunning
Margwar Posted - 29/10/2011 : 14:58:30
I can't help showing off a little bit now.

My late Birthday present that I got yesterday.
He's a 2010 Sumatran and he's puppy dog tame, no signs of aggression what so ever, he's pretty small at the moment, the previous owner has only just been able to get him onto rats after eating chicks.
n/a Posted - 29/10/2011 : 14:40:49
They are incredible; I don't find them particularly attractive when I see photos, but could imagine falling in love with one in the flesh, so to speak. Yes, if one's a bit feisty, that's a lot of snake to contend with; apparently the gape of their jaws is huge to allow for prey big enough to satisfy the needs of that girth; they can deliver quite a nip.

I once spoke to someone who rescued a neglected one; it was covered in stuck shed and was grumpy anyway; it turned on her and nearly chased her out of the bathroom where she was trying to help it with a bath ...well, it would have chased her out, except her girlfriend pushed her back in and told her to be brave ...she lived to tell the tale lol.
Kelfezond Posted - 29/10/2011 : 14:30:56
I held a couple of black bloods the other day, awesome looking snakes :D
Figs Posted - 29/10/2011 : 14:10:55
Ouchies!
They are weird looking snakes... saw a big one in my local shop a while ago; they are like royal length with burm girth or something
blackskull Posted - 29/10/2011 : 14:00:56
one of my fave snakes but don't think i will ever own one

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000