The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Pythons
 Angel gets her new very large home

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
martinking6 Posted - 23/01/2012 : 00:21:29
Went to wakefield last sunday to pick up a custom made viv for my burm, its 7ft x 3ft x 3ft so she`s now set for life

She`s put just shy of 1kg on in weight and over 14 inch in length in the 2 months ive had her, pretty impressive especially as I have been feeding her very respectively, she`s very relaxed and sociable and is happy to go to anybody, most of the time she is pestering to come out of her viv so I just have to open it up and out she comes, lets see how she is in her new mansion lol

Martin
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
martinking6 Posted - 24/01/2012 : 01:34:47
quote:
Originally posted by Lotabob

She? I wouldn't have thought even that vivarium would have been big enough to house an adult female Burm. I suppose its better than those horrible drawers breeders keep them in though, I really hate those things. Its a cracking vivarium, you know where to head should your heating break down, curled up behind the log with a Burm wondering why you are in her space. She is stunning too, think we need some update pictures for her.

Hiya bob

Yep she`s a she and in reality for me to say she`s in a viv thats definitely big enough for an adult female burm I would need to give her its own tropical bedroom but this is as close as it gets for her, she is and will be treat a lot better than most adult burmese pythons are in this day and age of naivity, plus she must spend about half of her life out of the viv anyway, before I moved her into this viv on sunday she would be pestering to come out following you as you walk past her viv, it in the end was as easy as open the glass and out she came so very easy to handle, am leaving her be for this week to settle in and explore and I will get you some proper pictures of her at weekend probably so you can see how she`s doing

When we first put the viv in place it was quite funny as I had left the viv to go make a brew inbetween sorting the lamp fittings and when I came back both my german shepherds where actually inside the viv having a sniff lol

Martin
martinking6 Posted - 24/01/2012 : 01:23:23
quote:
Originally posted by reptilemadd

That's a really nice viv martin when you say £345 altogether does that include the stat bulbs guards and heater etc etc?

That was for a bare viv with glass, etc no heating supplied

Martin
Lotabob Posted - 24/01/2012 : 01:01:19
She? I wouldn't have thought even that vivarium would have been big enough to house an adult female Burm. I suppose its better than those horrible drawers breeders keep them in though, I really hate those things. Its a cracking vivarium, you know where to head should your heating break down, curled up behind the log with a Burm wondering why you are in her space. She is stunning too, think we need some update pictures for her.
richard v Posted - 23/01/2012 : 17:32:19
quote:
Originally posted by martinking6

Hiya richard

Its a 500w AHS and ive had to use 2 infa red heat lamp bulbs powered permanently from mains power, hot side 150w and cool side 50w has held the temps nice and steady

Hiya BATS

The 7x3x3 viv was made out of 18mm material with 6mm toughened glass and cost £345 altogether, he`s in stanley (WF3) postcode

Martin

Hi Martin,
Thanks for the info.
Cheers
Richard
n/a Posted - 23/01/2012 : 17:02:38
Cool - so that's basically 3 times thickness of yer bog standard viv and glass - worth it for a big strong snake.
reptilemadd Posted - 23/01/2012 : 17:00:08
That's a really nice viv martin when you say £345 altogether does that include the stat bulbs guards and heater etc etc?
martinking6 Posted - 23/01/2012 : 16:21:25
Hiya richard

Its a 500w AHS and ive had to use 2 infa red heat lamp bulbs powered permanently from mains power, hot side 150w and cool side 50w has held the temps nice and steady

Hiya BATS

The 7x3x3 viv was made out of 18mm material with 6mm toughened glass and cost £345 altogether, he`s in stanley (WF3) postcode

Martin
n/a Posted - 23/01/2012 : 10:52:08
quote:
Originally posted by martinking6

Hiya BATS

Am in blackburn just an hrs drive from wakefield, travelled there as its the best custom made vivs ive come across, the difference in quality is big for example to get screws in the custom viv you need to make a pilot hole whereas the vivexotic one I have you can easily screw straight into it and these custom ones hold the heat very well also

Martin

Wow, West Yorks must be the centre of viv manufacturing - Vivexotic are just up the road in Castleford. Just out of interest could you tell me where it is in Wakefield and if possible an idea of their charges - could be useful to compare prices.
richard v Posted - 23/01/2012 : 10:45:08
quote:
Originally posted by richard v

Wicked viv you have there, what are using
To heat it, only reason I ask is I am having one
built as we speak and was a wondering the
best way to go, wheather on not to use two
Heat lights or the rad and one heat light.

Sorry to be Dim , I can see you are using ahs
heater what I should of said is what watt did you
Go for.
Cheers
richard v Posted - 23/01/2012 : 09:57:50
Wicked viv you have there, what are using
To heat it, only reason I ask is I am having one
built as we speak and was a wondering the
best way to go, wheather on not to use two
Heat lights or the rad and one heat light.
martinking6 Posted - 23/01/2012 : 01:28:20
Hiya BATS

Am in blackburn just an hrs drive from wakefield, travelled there as its the best custom made vivs ive come across, the difference in quality is big for example to get screws in the custom viv you need to make a pilot hole whereas the vivexotic one I have you can easily screw straight into it and these custom ones hold the heat very well also

Martin
n/a Posted - 23/01/2012 : 00:41:42
Smashing viv - Wakefield? I'm in Wakefield - didn't know you lived round these parts ...salubrious district isn't it (not!) lol!

Angel looks very satisfied with her new apartment, and so she should!

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000