The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Pythons
 cilla pics as promised

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
blackskull Posted - 10/04/2012 : 20:31:48

sorry about the quality but, a) im pants with a camera, b) trying to hold her still while they were taken was difficult

saying that i think the first pic is my fave
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
blackskull Posted - 12/04/2012 : 12:55:08
sulah lives up to her name then lol, cilla only missed a couple of meals when she had mites

cilla was an impulse buy. i had admired carpets for many years and read about the husbandry in the past so knew i was able to care for her correctly. and it only took the gf to say get her if you want and i paid for her in full went home set the viv up and picked her up a week later. i don't think there is too much difference in husbandry, i keep her a couple of degrees cooler, provide higher perches and the water bowl a bit closer to the heat bulb
n/a Posted - 12/04/2012 : 12:38:23
Thanks Lol - I have a treat in store then. Yes, one of Sulah's name's meanings is 'gannet' and she sure lives up to it. Even if I look into the viv she uncoils and comes towards me, and I'm pretty sure she's saying, 'what you got for me then?' Despite mites and settling in, she's never missed a meal. She once snapped at me when I was fussing her about with new paper in her viv (forgot about that and can't really blame her) but otherwise she's totally focused on her grub.

I think they're very underestimated snakes; like the pituophis you don't meet them every day, but they're comparatively easy to keep, they feed well and they might need a bit of understanding but are definitely one of the most beautiful and impressive snakes around imo. I can't wait until Sulah's the size of your Cilla - Cilla's stunning.
blackskull Posted - 12/04/2012 : 11:24:02
she is very fast and strong, you have to be firm but gentle while holding her. she is the fastest snake i have owned so far and when it comes to food i have not seen any i have had strike so hard and fast when offered in front of her on tongs. to the point where i drop feed her now as she has come flying out the viv a few times when she see's her food, and i normally forget to shut the bedroom door and a cat wonders in lol.

o yeah the names are similar lol. i do like the markings of your carpet, i think they are pretty snakes and i love the heads of them
n/a Posted - 12/04/2012 : 10:58:01
quote:
Originally posted by blackskull

yes bats she does like to hold on with the tail making it difficult to get her off the gf and back into her viv lol

to be honest i make her sound worse than she is. when you go in the viv to get her she strikes once but its only a half arsed strike and not full speed. once she is out she is tense for a few mins but clams down a bit with only the odd hiss but doesn't attempt to strike or bite

She sounds a bit like my gopher, Ziska, who's all breath and britches, but very strong and fast until she calms down. How fast is Cilla? Sulah's tiny compared to her but seems far less wriggly than say a corn snake of similar size.

Hey - Cilla and Sulah - similar names lol.
blackskull Posted - 12/04/2012 : 10:29:59
i know kelf its shocking lol
Kelfezond Posted - 12/04/2012 : 10:06:55
Not gloves! xD oh deary me
blackskull Posted - 12/04/2012 : 08:14:58
she certainly keeps you on your toes, hopefully she will calm down a bit more lol
Lotabob Posted - 11/04/2012 : 20:14:43
I do like a nice clam snake lol
blackskull Posted - 10/04/2012 : 22:32:33
yes bats she does like to hold on with the tail making it difficult to get her off the gf and back into her viv lol

to be honest i make her sound worse than she is. when you go in the viv to get her she strikes once but its only a half arsed strike and not full speed. once she is out she is tense for a few mins but clams down a bit with only the odd hiss but doesn't attempt to strike or bite
Tawfik47 Posted - 10/04/2012 : 22:07:07
lol me too Rob, i bought similar ones when i first brought Blitz in case he like to bite a lot touch wood i didn't have to use them.

Beautiful snake indeed
Lotabob Posted - 10/04/2012 : 21:47:30
Beautiful snake but I canthelp but notice the leather gloves giving in indication of temperament lol.
n/a Posted - 10/04/2012 : 20:51:00
Aww she's gorgeous - yeah that head shot's great - I like the markings on their mouths; they look fierce. I notice she likes to hold on with her tail all the time, Sulah's the same.

Cilla's a beautiful girl. Do love carpets.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000