The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Photos
 Rowntree

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Se7enS1ns Posted - 10/08/2012 : 19:13:01
So after avoiding this section on account of my jealousy recently, I picked up a gorgeous little Bob Clark bred female Pastel, christened "Rowntree" by my other half. And here she is:

And here's her house:

The pictures are a bit crappy as I'm leaving her to settle in for a week or so, so no flash - but she's really yellow, with lovely bright greeny-blue eyes.

She's a sort-of rehome - the seller couldn't get her to switch from live feeding, which was proving to be expensive for him, so he was looking for someone with a lot of patience to take her in. I also have another Bob Clark bred Royal who was an extremely picky eater when he first came to me, but with lots of patience and trial and error, he's turning into a good little muncher and is putting on weight nicely. Rowntree is a skinny little thing, only weighs a mere 240 grams, so I'm hoping I can work my charm with her, and she doesn't give me too much trouble on the way.

Wish me luck!!!
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Se7enS1ns Posted - 11/08/2012 : 10:16:03
Hers is all set up too! Can't wait to take pics when she's in it - glad she's turned into a keen feeder!
Kelfezond Posted - 11/08/2012 : 10:05:40
You're going to enjoy setting your fires rub up then, last night she scared me half to death by striking a mouse from complete concealment
Se7enS1ns Posted - 10/08/2012 : 21:46:02
Thanks all :)

I personally see no reason to not set up a RUB as I would with my vivariums - especially as she's proven to be a stubborn feeder, so I've set them up with as much coverage as possible so she feels nice and secure in there. She has hides, cork bark tubes, rocks and branches, and a deep layer of beech chip / orchid bark mix.

She seems to like that tube at the top right of the pic - it's funny to watch her go in one end, and pop her little head out of the small hole a the top. So frickin' cute!!
ajokocha Posted - 10/08/2012 : 20:46:33
She's gorgeous! And she has a lovely pad to match!
boomslang Posted - 10/08/2012 : 20:18:50
Very nice mate,Like what you done with his rub to
Baobab Posted - 10/08/2012 : 19:35:33
Good luck with the feeding. Sounds like you've got plenty of patience though.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000