The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Photos
 rescue...(updated)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dazb Posted - 16/04/2009 : 17:36:21
hi there,

Well i finally met up with Karl today to collect the little royal from him that he was handed in the pub last week, by a bloke who took the little guy out of his pocket and said 'you like snakes dont you...here you go i cant get him to eat'...

So we think... he is a poss june 08, and was kept in a viv with a light as a heat source that was turned on in the morning and turn off at nite. no stat. He had no water bowl and used to get the viv misted as a source of water for him.

He weighs in at 111g and is just going into shed thats why he looks a lttle wrinkley, but here is afew pics i took while weighing him, checking him out and sorting his RUB...

With a lighter for size comparison...

I cant see you... so you cant see me

my new home...

20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kazerella Posted - 29/04/2009 : 14:23:35
Good to hear he's doing well Daz. I told you you could do it
dazb Posted - 27/04/2009 : 15:07:46
quote:
Originally posted by karl

it's all his fault...........I need more Royals, didn't move him on quick enough, I have the bug again. Anyone wanna CCP?

lol...

Any pic's...
karl Posted - 27/04/2009 : 11:17:23
it's all his fault...........I need more Royals, didn't move him on quick enough, I have the bug again. Anyone wanna CCP?
karl Posted - 22/04/2009 : 21:07:34
congrats mate, glad to see he is settling in well. Long may it continue...
Blackecho Posted - 20/04/2009 : 08:59:37
No probs
chris100575 Posted - 20/04/2009 : 08:48:44
Good work Daz, looks like you've gotten him off to a great start.
wolfspirit Posted - 20/04/2009 : 07:53:00
see you have educated me again BE..lol..i never knew that
Blackecho Posted - 20/04/2009 : 06:38:16
quote:
Originally posted by wolfspirit

I bet that put a great big smile on your face didnt it? he is so lovely, is he high gold or pastel?

well done , your an ^i^

Pastels have green eyes.
Blackecho Posted - 20/04/2009 : 06:35:22
Well done Daz.
Gingerpony Posted - 19/04/2009 : 22:07:55
congrats daz that's fantastic news *hugs*
lee2308 Posted - 19/04/2009 : 15:12:15
thats a good start,well done.
dazb Posted - 19/04/2009 : 15:08:54
quote:
Originally posted by wolfspirit

I bet that put a great big smile on your face didnt it? he is so lovely, is he high gold or pastel?

well done , your an ^i^

I would just say he is a loverly normal...

Cheers guys. Yes very glad he has eaten for me.

Just goes to show that the if you set up isnt right they wont eat.
He has gone from no food in months(we think)to 3 pinkys and a medium stuart in 10 days and travelled half the country. And all we have done is kept him in the correct conditions.
matty18714 Posted - 19/04/2009 : 14:37:29
Great news Daz
MissCat Posted - 19/04/2009 : 14:27:26
ha, he looked like he wanted that then :)
wolfspirit Posted - 19/04/2009 : 14:22:39

well done , your an ^i^
dazb Posted - 19/04/2009 : 13:56:04
well i thought i would update you on the little ones progress...(not named him/her yet)

It is feeding day for the rest of my zoo, and i thought i would try and see if he was hungry. I know that i should have left him for a week plus to settle in, as in the case with all new royals, but as far as we know he has had only 3 pinkys off karl in we dont know how long and he is under weight and if he is going to make it i need to get some food in him. I thought that i wont mess him about and just put it in front of his nose and if he didnt take it i would leave him be.

I left him in his RUB and just removed his hide. Offered a medium stuart and he struck almost immediately, which i wasnt prepared for and forgot to let go (ooops), as i was reajusting to offer again he struck and agian, and i didnt release it cos i didnt expect it(oops again)... well as they say 3rd time lucky and this is the result...

Im really happy now he has had a good meal, and now he has retreated to his warm hide where he will be left covered up until next feedind day.
wolfspirit Posted - 19/04/2009 : 12:57:32
bet it was quite a shock for you,

you were in the right place at the right time-)
karl Posted - 19/04/2009 : 12:26:18
quote:
Originally posted by antw23uk

Sounds like your doing an amazing job already

Not that i would ever wish neglect on an animal but i wish someone would hand me a snake in a pub (a royal that is, lol)

It has to be one of the strangest things I have been handed in a pub
antw23uk Posted - 18/04/2009 : 10:22:37
Sounds like your doing an amazing job already

Not that i would ever wish neglect on an animal but i wish someone would hand me a snake in a pub (a royal that is, lol)
dazb Posted - 17/04/2009 : 19:31:04
it certainly would for me...but if it is a he, it may turn out to be a bonus for someonelse...

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000