The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Photos
 Revamped viv and Penelope update

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Meadow Posted - 04/09/2012 : 23:37:11
Is it true that royal pythons wait until their caretakers completely gut their vivs, clean everything thoroughly, replace the substrate, give the place a facelift and a new lease of life by putting things in different places, before deciding that it would be a great idea to do the mother of all poos on the side of the viv? Well, that's what Penelope did today. I refrained from taking pics of that - thought I'd save her the indignity, but I thought it was rather amusing, if not a little frustrating. The children thought it was hilarious

Anyway, I decided to move things around in Penelope's vivarium today when I did a full clean, just to give her a change of scenery.

First of all, she decided my neck was a good place to snuggle, so she stayed there for some time. Let's just say it's good that she's still only little (293g empty weight today), as she can already squeeze fairly 'snugly'.

'Oh wow, have you done that for ME??' Penelope's wondering what's going on...

The newly rearranged viv - nothing new, all the same stuff, just moved around a bit - the right is on the left; the left is in the middle and the middle is on the right

My 8 year old beauty with my 8 month old beauty

In she goes - and yes, I did put the viv doors back on after this

That's it for now!
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kelfezond Posted - 09/09/2012 : 10:37:08
Very cool! :D
Meadow Posted - 05/09/2012 : 19:49:49
quote:
Originally posted by jonnyc1988

Where did you get that raised section on the right from?
It's cool, isn't it It's a terrace rock for an aquarium, I found it in an aquarium supplies shop. It's like this one:

http://www.seapets.co.uk/products/aquarium-supplies/aquarium-ornaments-fish-tank-ornament/backgrounds/juwel-rock-terrace-a.html

You can also get a concave one and put them together to make a larger terrace.

I just popped it in the corner and filled it with substrate, then put the cave on top and Penelope snuggles down in it. It was in the cool end before but it's proving to be popular in the warm end, too

ETA I just re-read your post and realised you said the raised bit on the right... did you mean the right or the left? Anyway, what I've written above describes the left, and the thing on the right is sold as a 'rock outcrop', but I will need to replace that soon as Penelope is getting thicker now and the holes in the back aren't going to let her through for much longer!

jonnyc1988 Posted - 05/09/2012 : 18:44:12
Where did you get that raised section on the right from? that is really cool. A royal will soon outgrow it, but might be nice for some smaller snakes. I want one!!!
Meadow Posted - 05/09/2012 : 10:05:57
Thanks!

She seems to be liking her rearranged housing. She was basking on her wall last night when I went in to have a look at her
ajokocha Posted - 05/09/2012 : 00:04:57
I love that first photo! And she has a lovely set up. Great stuff

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000