The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Photos
 Stranger than normal behaviour

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
oxy10 Posted - 08/09/2012 : 21:28:46
My pastel did this for the first time today, and in both hides:

Would this be usual and down to her hides being a tight fit? She's also been lying upside down a couple of times which I've heard can be down to ovulation although she's not been near a male yet! Anybody else get the same things?
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
oxy10 Posted - 09/09/2012 : 15:03:50
Yer I thought I could shift any bumbles, killers or super pastels, it's the normals, spiders and pastels I thought I'd be stuck with.
chrisc Posted - 09/09/2012 : 11:23:43
both gorgeous love the piebald
Kelfezond Posted - 09/09/2012 : 10:36:29
Should do! Everyone loves a bumblebee
oxy10 Posted - 09/09/2012 : 07:08:15
Nope not yet but here they are, Bumblebee is around 900g, Piebald 400g

Thinking of breeding my Pastel and Bumble this year, do you think the hatchlings would sell easy enough?
chrisc Posted - 08/09/2012 : 22:22:14
plenty warn enough then, shes a pretty pastel have you posted any pics of your bumblebee an piebald?
oxy10 Posted - 08/09/2012 : 22:15:12
I'm not bothered at all by it, just curious. Temp inside the hot end is 32.5-33C
chrisc Posted - 08/09/2012 : 22:08:48
what are your temps on the mat? even though shes done it in both hides she could trying to get warmer.
as for the lying upside down as long as its not all the time an she can right herself easily then i wouldnt be bothered
oxy10 Posted - 08/09/2012 : 21:58:13
Nope she's never been with a male, I've had her since she was a hatchling. I've seen them move a bit of substrate before, just never like that, even the kitchen roll under the substrate was gone.
chrisc Posted - 08/09/2012 : 21:48:38
most of my snakes push the substrate out from inside their hides so their sat on the viv floor.
as for the lying upside down from what i know it can be a sign of ovulation, do you know if she's been with a male befor you had her?

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000