The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Photos
 Snakes Testing Custom Hide

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
HaydenK Posted - 11/09/2012 : 00:00:42
Here are some images of some of my snakes and one of Bigdon's snake testing the custom hide I am working on.

Cyrus & Athena testing its strength ;)

Cyrus testing the walls.

Godzilla snake.

Lid taken off.

Kairo testing it out.

You can still see a couple of bits of polystyrene about but that will be covered over with a little more grout. Then It is off to painting and varnishing. ;)
I am still playing out with the new phone so There may be more images to come.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
HaydenK Posted - 12/09/2012 : 20:04:56
quote:
Originally posted by andybeta

Very Incan in design, it's going to look great when it's finished. How big is it? It looks huge!

It is Very large in size, can probably accommodate a full-sized royal. I am still awaiting on hinges so The lid to it does not come off, but works as a flap.
I am also starting some plans on a 2nd hide, same concept, just smaller and more square. one to accommodate smaller royals or geckos.

I don't plan in using all what I make, I plan on selling some of the things I make once I improve at making them a little. (this is only the 1st attempt) more attempts should make for much nicer things (I hope)
Baobab Posted - 12/09/2012 : 14:39:37
That looks brilliant. Think ill have to get the polystyrene out again.
Love the piccy with kairo peeking out.
andybeta Posted - 12/09/2012 : 08:46:16
Very Incan in design, it's going to look great when it's finished. How big is it? It looks huge!
IncurableFlirt Posted - 11/09/2012 : 17:06:30
It's adorable! I love the design, very old pyramid-ish. :D I think it's gonna look fantastic when you get it finished. Looking forward to seeing the final result.
HaydenK Posted - 11/09/2012 : 14:58:20
Well with it not being quite finished, I am not using it yet. I am just testing its durability in terms of the snakes body weight resting on it. I still need to add one or 2 more layers of grout, Paint it and then I need to varnish it.
I am also thinking of instead of having the lid fully removable like that, maybe adding a hinge on the back so I can just pull the lid over a little, but that may not work.

Anyway, still a little more to do yet. once varnished I should be able to soak it fully in water ;)

Thinking of remaking this hide though, just much smaller to accommodate smaller royals (or even geckos)

Thanks ;)
Meadow Posted - 11/09/2012 : 10:25:01
Looking good!

I have a question though - how do you clean it? Is the stuff you cover it with durable enough to cope with scrubbing or do you have to be a bit careful with it?

That bottom pic with Kairo's head popping out is cool!

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000