The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Photos
 Hannah

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hodgie Posted - 17/05/2009 : 16:52:17
Well i`ve had Hannah for 4 weeks now and every thing seems to be going well which makes me happy considering this is my first Snake.
In the last 4 weeks she`s eaten 3 times. She`s shed her skin once but made such a poor job of it that she needed some extra help, however that may have been my fault as i think her moss box was to moist. When i bought her i was told she was 7 weeks old( i may have heard wrong it may have been 7 months)so i wieghed her today and she is 220g. Anyway here are some pictures of her.

And finally her Viv today. I`ve put the theromstats into her warm hide as i thought this was the best way to make sure it was the correct temp. Let me know your opinions if you think this is wrong as im totally new to this.

Many thanks for looking
Mike
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
karl Posted - 22/05/2009 : 13:13:18
I have always used 888 for online rep purchases, get a 100w ceramic, a b1e dimming stat, and a ceramic holder, then add a guard and your sorted.

As an added bonus I always say you see royals more when they are kept using ceramics, as the whole air is warmer, not just a patch on the floor.
hodgie Posted - 20/05/2009 : 06:25:54
Thanks spor
spor Posted - 19/05/2009 : 23:24:56
you can get everything on ebay these days. so i would say. i ceramic/porcelain lamp fitting. i ceramic heating lamp.1 lamp guard. 1 pp (pulse proportional) thermostat. 2 digital thermometers. ( 1 for warm end and one for cold.)

when its set up like this then if you want all you have to do is change your ceramic out for and infra red if you want a little bit of light.

you'll all ready have some of this stuff, so it won't seem as bad. and if your stat is already a pp then you are flying should be able to set it all up for less than £35.

reptile-ink one of the members on here sells a lot of stuff. I think there is also a link on the main forum page for places to buy equipment from.http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=683

all the best. and good for you for realizing the kit you were giving was not ideal for your snake.
hodgie Posted - 19/05/2009 : 22:22:31
Thanks for your replies.
Its quite a learning curve for me so your comments are all taken on board.
The "starter kit" that i purchased was obviously not relevent to my Royal
I went straight out and purchased a digital thermometer and some aspen as this isn`t disturbed as much as the wood chippings. The striplight has been removed and is now setup in my loft
My next quiery, im really not keen on the heat mat, as some of you have stated its to big. I want to get a ceramic setup so can someone please post a link to the full kit that i require as im not to keen on going back to the reptile shop considering how much money i`ve already wasted with them. Im quite happy to buy on line insteed.
Mike
wolfspirit Posted - 19/05/2009 : 12:42:42
i love that first shot to.. she looks well cute in it...
lee2308 Posted - 19/05/2009 : 12:34:30
looks nice,you could just put a piece of lino over the mat and make sure the mat is not covering more than a third of the viv (half of the viv max)
chris100575 Posted - 19/05/2009 : 08:35:04
I like the first pic where she's peeping over the top of her hide!

I'm new to this too, but I'd second the advice of a digital thermometer, I had a dial one and it was pants.
spor Posted - 19/05/2009 : 01:08:24
All as above. the other question I would add is what size is your heat mat as it look to be covering more than half of the viv floor?
hodgie Posted - 17/05/2009 : 19:25:58
I did know about the light and never switch it on when she`s inside her viv. Being a complete novice i just bought a starter kit and this was part of the package. I`ve been doing lots of reading (hopefully all the correct info) The first 2 picturs were taken on the first day and i quickly realised that it would be better getting Aspen which i have now.
dazb Posted - 17/05/2009 : 18:15:18
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

I was about to post exactly the same advice, plus I would advise either covering the heatmat a bit more thoroughly or using a heat bulb.

PS. I would say that snake was 7 months rather than 7 weeks

great minds think alike
Blackecho Posted - 17/05/2009 : 17:32:58
quote:
Originally posted by dazb

looks ok to me...

only a couple of suggestions...

I would invest in a digital thermometer and i would take out the flourecent tube. Flourecent tube flicker and can cause stress to snakes. you will not see it with the human eye.

I was about to post exactly the same advice, plus I would advise either covering the heatmat a bit more thoroughly or using a heat bulb.

PS. I would say that snake was 7 months rather than 7 weeks
dazb Posted - 17/05/2009 : 17:08:58
looks ok to me...

only a couple of suggestions...

I would invest in a digital thermometer and i would take out the flourecent tube. Flourecent tube flicker and can cause stress to snakes. you will not see it with the human eye.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000