The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Photos
 all finished

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
couch Posted - 29/05/2009 : 17:58:34

and he is in there now
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
matty18714 Posted - 31/05/2009 : 11:27:33
32 on the hot side, 25-ish on the cool side.
couch Posted - 31/05/2009 : 11:14:55
what shud the temp be on the floor at each end or near too ?
dazb Posted - 30/05/2009 : 10:30:57
quote:
Originally posted by wolfspirit

you really need the probe on top of a hide under the heat source

Just wanted to add that this is not wrong...

matty18714 Posted - 30/05/2009 : 10:21:46
Looks nice. I agree that the position of the stat probe doesnt matter as long as it works. Its probably easier to have it pinned on the side of the viv so the snake cant move it.

I also agree that he will need a digital thermometer.
dazb Posted - 30/05/2009 : 09:58:35
Its ok Anne... Probe placement is a funny one. Lewy has his right up at the top of the viv near the ceramic cos that works for him, and keeps his temps ok...

You are right in saying he needs a digital thermometer to help accurately read his temps...
wolfspirit Posted - 30/05/2009 : 09:52:25
quote:
Originally posted by dazb

quote:

ok, i was only going by what BE taught me, and there is no digital thermometer to measure the temps properly..

Probe placement is down to personnal choice. As long as the temps are right its wot ever works i think.

ok, i'm sorry Daz, and Couch, did not mean any harm
dazb Posted - 30/05/2009 : 09:42:51
quote:

quote:

IMO as long as the temps are ok, the placement of the stat probe is variable. as long as it is located near the heat source and not on the cool side...

ok, i was only going by what BE taught me, and there is no digital thermometer to measure the temps properly..

Probe placement is down to personnal choice. As long as the temps are right its wot ever works i think.
spor Posted - 29/05/2009 : 22:44:17
I put a link to digital thermometers in you last topic. Get them in before you start even thinking about adding in more air vents. But a lot more shelter now which is good. As long as your snake seems happy and is feeding ok.

Good on your for being prompt at making some of those changes just a few more to go and thats you.
Good luck.
wolfspirit Posted - 29/05/2009 : 21:11:35
quote:

IMO as long as the temps are ok, the placement of the stat probe is variable. as long as it is located near the heat source and not on the cool side...

dazb Posted - 29/05/2009 : 19:29:30
wolfspirit Posted - 29/05/2009 : 19:28:07
well good luck cos your measuring air temps not temps on the ground which is where your snake is.

if he stops feeding at least you will know what part of the problem might be.
couch Posted - 29/05/2009 : 19:23:43
i will move it it down at sum point gonna let settle in first then il it put near the floor but the temps look ok i had it on for a day or 2 b4 i put him in i was lookin at the temps for those days aswell and to warm it up b4 he went in
wolfspirit Posted - 29/05/2009 : 19:05:56
you really need the probe on top of a hide under the heat source, and also a digital thermometer is more accurate than the standard ones..

you can get them on ebay for around £3.50 posted..
couch Posted - 29/05/2009 : 19:03:58
the probe is at the same hight as the bottom of the gard but i int got those digital thermometer just 2 normals ones its sayin its around the 30 c so shud be ok at the other end ? was thinking about puttin in a vent at the cool end on the side wud that be a good idea or not
wolfspirit Posted - 29/05/2009 : 18:49:51
it looks ok,

where did you put the probes for the stat and the digital thermometer?
lee2308 Posted - 29/05/2009 : 18:40:02
looks very comfy

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000