The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Photos
 Clydes first home feed (Strike success!!!)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pablo Posted - 09/08/2009 : 21:52:58
Straight in the water!!!

Finally got his head out

But backwards?!?!?! (Fool)

Didn't seem to matter though!
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lee2308 Posted - 16/08/2009 : 23:51:54
hi tim,if you post in the general keeping section you will get a good response
Tim123 Posted - 15/08/2009 : 23:13:21
first timer fed my royal a pinkie and it was gone in seconds she/he is about 2 mounths old 18 inches long do you think i should give 2 at a time ???? and when i handle her/him the hairs on my arms seem to make her twitch and she pushes her nose onto my arm quite hard any advise PLEASE
pablo Posted - 15/08/2009 : 09:47:04
That's cool!!

It's still nice to see everybody gives the same advice!!!!
dazb Posted - 15/08/2009 : 09:36:52
Sorry Pablo, that will teach me for scanning through the thread and not reading it properly...
pablo Posted - 15/08/2009 : 09:28:05
Hi Daz,

That's all been sorted now. I said earlier that I thought the shop were wrong when they said that pinkies is what he needed.

I have only a few left so we're going 2 at a time until they are gone.

I tried to get some rat pups for when they finish but they couldn't find them?!?!?!? So they did me 5 large mice for for a cheap

Pablo
dazb Posted - 15/08/2009 : 09:15:02
A hatchling royal can take a medium mouse as a first feed, so mice pinkys are a very small meal for him. I would also swap straight on to rat pups...
pablo Posted - 15/08/2009 : 08:39:57
Second feed done now!! (Yay). Thursday afternoon took two mice after several over eager strikes and misses at the first one which he managed to throw in to his hide!!!! I couldn't get it back as he was in feeding mode and everything warm was a target. Got the second one no problems, then about 5minsb later found the other one and ate that.

Went out that night and came back to find him all wrinkley and shedding on his head (found a piece of skin with eye caps) no change yesterday but got up for work this morning and found two large pieces of skin in amongst the plant!!!! (Yay) will check tonite to make sure it all came off, but so far so good.

Oh and the size of the poo yesterday!!!!! Good Grief! How does one so small produce so much?!?!?!?!?

1st feed

2nd one
Robert Posted - 14/08/2009 : 11:44:33
It's always such a relief when they take their first meal, I've had mine nearly 4 weeks now and she is feeding regularly, you do get anxious though when you read about them being fickle feeders so it's always good to see the first feed happen and then to be reassured with the next feed :)she's really putting weight on now :)
kashie Posted - 11/08/2009 : 11:30:34
give him two till they are gone - and get bigger next time.
wolfspirit Posted - 10/08/2009 : 21:55:55
love that second shot, its really cool..
pablo Posted - 10/08/2009 : 19:14:22
Thanks for the thoughts,

I did think that they seemed a bit small (but 10yrs out of the game appears to have clouded my judgement!)

BE. They are mouse pinkies. Would it be worth seeing if he'll take 2? Or just bin them and get some rat pups?

Paul
Remmy Posted - 10/08/2009 : 17:42:22
Good news with the feed. Does look a bit small, looks like it could have slid straight down.
Blackecho Posted - 10/08/2009 : 10:58:13
Glad to see him eating, but as above, just looks like a light snack, what is it? A mouse pinky or a very small rat pup?
boze Posted - 10/08/2009 : 10:50:05
Congrats!!! Its a great feeling

pablo Posted - 09/08/2009 : 23:42:14
I did think that, but the guy in the shop said that was plenty!?!?!? (respectful shop from the DS) No names no pack drill (at this time)

But I will feed 2 at a time until they are gone (do you think?)
lee2308 Posted - 09/08/2009 : 22:57:43
good news,looks like it could take a bigger meal from the pics or it could just be the angle

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000