The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Photos
 I has new snake :)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
xautomaticflowersx Posted - 12/09/2009 : 22:36:27
I got my first snake today! He's not been sexed yet, but I'm pretty sure he's male. Even though he's only about 10" long he already has quite prominent cloacal spurs and has quite a long, slim tail. So for now I'm assuming he's male until I find someone reliable to probe him (the guy who knows how to do it at the shop was away on holiday when I bought the snake, so I can always come back later).
I've named him Ripley (any Alien fans?) because initially I was looking for a female, but they only had 2 babies at the shop and I liked this one the best . Sex is pretty irrelevant, I don't mind that Ripley is techincally a female name! Besides, when the Alien films were written the part of Ripley was intended to be for a guy so I guess it works either way really!
I didn't take too many pictures of him as he was curled quite tightly into a ball and obviously needed to just go into his new home and settle in. Here he is...

The nice thing is that my friends who came with me to get the snake ended up buying the other one in the shop! As it happens they preferred the look of the snake that I didn't pick, so it worked out rather well! The babies were from the same clutch, so we have sibling snakies
Looking forward to next weekend when I can start feeding/handling. I'm so chuffed with my newest addition... can you tell?
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kashie Posted - 19/09/2009 : 12:42:26
Lol - you are right there, though last night we were all messing about on my sons Beatles Rockband and Dylan decided he wanted a go at singing!!!!! Hilarious!!!

THough this doesnt say alot for our singing!!
xautomaticflowersx Posted - 18/09/2009 : 20:59:07
The crazed yodelling and barking always seems to happen during the crucial parts of films or when you're on the phone.
kashie Posted - 18/09/2009 : 10:39:43
Cat - love the dogs - sooo much bigger than the whippet though - we wouldnt all fit in the bed at night!!! Lol.

Spor I love golden retreviers - in fact I love most dogs and animals - which is why our house is slowly turning into a zoo!!

Xauto - know the feeling with the yodelling too - happens all the time - though Dylan does try to speak as well!!
xautomaticflowersx Posted - 18/09/2009 : 08:24:43
Awww lovely doggies everyone!
Hehe golden retrievers all look the same to me spor, especially at shows when the ring is full of them... it's like a sea of golden fur and smiley dog faces, but I couldn't pick one out! Though we did used to have a golden retriever x yellow lab who was lovely . To be honest, there aren't many dogs I don't love... it's just the tiny hairy ones which breathe really loudly that I'm not altogether sold on!
spor Posted - 18/09/2009 : 01:57:11
Lovely little royal nice colouring. not a big fan of your skinny dogs though. i prefer something with a bit more body like our golden retriever . Now how will get told of first for talking about dogs in this section. GP will be on in a minute giving off LOL
MissCat Posted - 17/09/2009 : 23:42:52
the only time i can get pics of them is when they are lying down...which to be fair is 90% of the time..... lol
MissCat Posted - 17/09/2009 : 23:40:59
well before we get told off....here's my additions....

(that's my lurcher when we first got her lol)

(sorry for the many pics ;) )
xautomaticflowersx Posted - 17/09/2009 : 22:51:22
Haha I love how this thread has suddenly become about sighthounds and not royals. Please don't tell us off mods!
xautomaticflowersx Posted - 17/09/2009 : 22:47:42
Yeah those photos were in Brean ... I live in Swindon so it's not too far to go. Yeah they do play fight a lot... since getting Neela Django has turned into such a noisy child! They're always playing, which I obviously don't mind, but does he have to bark and yodel at her allllll the time?! lol
kashie Posted - 17/09/2009 : 22:46:45
Oh and pics of Greyhound and Lurcher then please????
kashie Posted - 17/09/2009 : 22:46:09
Yes Brean Somerset - and yes, why not, welcome in Cat!!! LOL.
I'm not from Brean but used to caravan there alot a couple of years ago.
MissCat Posted - 17/09/2009 : 22:43:26
hang the merry h**ll on...do u mean brean somerset...? i dont live far from there...and i have a greyhound and a lurcher... :D sorry...just thought i would join the sighthound apreciation society meself thar lol
kashie Posted - 17/09/2009 : 22:37:33
They are lazy - but they love to play and fight with each other.

Are you in Brean??? I think I recognise the beach?
xautomaticflowersx Posted - 16/09/2009 : 23:05:06
Yeah they are quite similar! I think it's the pretty white blaze . Hehe I love their cute matching collars!
Whippets are great, couldn't want a better dog really. Lazy most of the time, but so much fun when you take them out... and so affectionate and silly. For me it's sighthounds every time!
kashie Posted - 16/09/2009 : 20:45:22
Here we go.....Tigger female brindle nearly 7years and Dylan tan and white 2years.

Look at your third picture - compare the face with Dylan.....very similar????
kashie Posted - 16/09/2009 : 20:24:31
OMG - how stunning are they....I'll have to look through my pics - post some in a bit.
xautomaticflowersx Posted - 16/09/2009 : 18:55:57
I know what you mean... every time I see a little box around the house I make a mental note of it for later.

kashie... I'll show you mine if you show me yours!
Here are my whippets! Django (5 year old black brindle dog) and Neela (1 year old blue and white parti bitch).

kashie Posted - 16/09/2009 : 17:58:52
Very nice snake - I'd like to see pics of your whippets too - I have 2 whippets also!!
dazb Posted - 16/09/2009 : 16:41:24
quote:
Originally posted by xautomaticflowersx

dazb - yeah I thought that a basic setup would be the best plan until he's a bit bigger. I don't see the point in going all-out on a setup when he'll outgrow it in no time! It'll be plastic tubs and RUBs til he's grown a bit. Then I can sort out a nice viv for him.

I couldnt agree more...

when I think of the money Ive spent on stuff that they have soon grown out of...

Now not a toilet roll or kitchen roll gets thrown away...
xv_jazz_vx Posted - 16/09/2009 : 15:54:35
Congrats he looks loverly :)

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000