The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Photos
 Ripley's first meal

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
xautomaticflowersx Posted - 15/09/2009 : 19:56:02
After patiently wiggling a fluff mouse in front of a very interested looking little Ripley for several minutes I got fed up with him not striking and I made a little cut on the fluff's neck. Hehe... he struck at it then! He really bolted it down... I was expecting it to take longer for him to swallow (I'm kind of a snake noob).
I'm pleased he ate his first meal so soon, he's obviously settling in well.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
xautomaticflowersx Posted - 16/09/2009 : 14:42:24
Yeah that's a good idea... I'll get some rats before I feed him the rest of the fluffs and I'll put them all in the same bag in the freezer to scent the mice a bit. Thanks for that suggestion .
boze Posted - 16/09/2009 : 14:19:33
Next time you feed him defrost two and feed him them one after the other :)

D

::EDIT::

It might actually be worth getting the rats now so you can scent the remaining mice with them to get him used to the smell.
xautomaticflowersx Posted - 16/09/2009 : 00:58:17
I offered him another mouse just now and he seemed pretty keen to eat it... didn't have to cut it this time either. I'll leave it a few days and then feed him a couple more of the mice until they are gone. Then I can get him eating something bigger.
xautomaticflowersx Posted - 15/09/2009 : 23:35:12
Crikey OK... the shop told me to feed mouse fluffs! *rolls eyes*
I'll get some ratties ASAP. I have 4 mouse fluffs left and they are slightly too big to give to my geckos. I don't want to waste them, so would it be OK for me to feed him the rest over the next few days? Would it be too much to give him another this evening for example?
lee2308 Posted - 15/09/2009 : 22:55:20
great news,try rat fluffs or a small weaner as anne said
wolfspirit Posted - 15/09/2009 : 22:51:16
he is great, amazing what the smell of blood can do..

i always brain mine then hair dry the heads to get the smell to waft over to the vivs, but nowadays the sound of the hairdryer normally gets them out..

as be says he could probably take rat fluffs or even small weaners..

if it seems to easy then it is probably to small..

xautomaticflowersx Posted - 15/09/2009 : 20:24:58
Do you reckon he should be onto something a little bigger? Don't want to feed him something that's not going to keep him full.
Blackecho Posted - 15/09/2009 : 20:11:15
Congrats. Probably take longer with a larger prey item, fuzzies are a bit small really

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000