The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Photos
 Say hello to???????

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Brads Posted - 07/10/2009 : 13:59:57
Hi everyone,
I've been on the corn site few a while
I've had a corn since january and have have just moved Frodo my corn into a 50L RUB.......oh look a spare faun and heat mat
So took the plunge today and picked this little one up today
I got the snake, thermostst and thermoeter all for £75
I went for this one as he's a proven feeder so hopfully that will continue

No name yet so any suggestions??

He's not gone into the coconut hides yet. I'm a bit unsure he'll fit in them. I'll put a towel over the faun untill I can get bigger hides if needed

Cheers Brads
Hope you like
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Brads Posted - 08/10/2009 : 13:41:03
Hi, themps seem to have settled now I fed SSSSam for the first time this afternoon with a small mouse. No problems struck soon as the mouse went in the tub I feed in. constricted for afew minutes then downed it no problem. He then curled up in his coconut hide.
I'll leave him now for a few days to digest and settle in

Cheers Brads
xautomaticflowersx Posted - 08/10/2009 : 12:29:38
I also get a bit obsessed with temperatures until I know that they are consistent and stable! He's such a cute little guy! You're going to love him... though I expect you already do!
Brads Posted - 07/10/2009 : 22:32:55
Hi, cheers for the info Spor. I've had alook at his temps this evening. They have dropped to 30 in the warm end. I took the thermo from my corns RUB to see what the temps are in the cool in, it came up as 22c. The faun is sat on a cold surface so I put a thick T-towl under the faun and put a bit more aspen in the cool end so hope that helps insulate it abit more.
I can't take my eyes of the temps always running up stairs checking them every fives minutes.

Cheers for all your comments
Robert Posted - 07/10/2009 : 21:34:17
Lovely snake and good photos too and yes you are right royals have a lot more personalitythan corns, I too have a corn and now two royals, a normal and a spider, I have to say both fed on the first day I got them, so you could try feeding and if he refuses that's fine give him a few days and try again, let him have some quiet time to settle in and try to refrain from handling too much over the first week, I know it is sooooo tempting and if you do sucumb then keep it to a minimum, enjoy your new royal :)
hodgie Posted - 07/10/2009 : 21:32:59
Cute little Royal. They love small hides, smaller the better.
spor Posted - 07/10/2009 : 21:29:59
32 is spot on for the warm side and you want to be aimimg for 27 and cool side, don't buy a dial one waste of money. one thing i would suggest is getting some dark card and using it to cover up the back and sides so you only have the front viewing panel. it will create a great felling of security for him. and if you have a old loo roll tube or kitchen roll tube you could put it in.
Royal like it a lot more cramped than corns.
Brads Posted - 07/10/2009 : 20:40:22
At the moment the warm end is 32c. I need to get another thermometer for the other end I was going to get a dial one but not sure now. Is the warm end warm enough. The stat is set to 33 1/2
I have noticed since moving my corn into a RUB that it holds temps alot better than the faun.

Cheers Brads
spor Posted - 07/10/2009 : 20:23:43
advised to leave them the week to settle in and with his feeding record that shouldn,t be a problem What temps are you getting in the faun? if you can get a 2nd thermomter for the cool side that would be beneficial to you.
Brads Posted - 07/10/2009 : 20:13:49
quote:
Originally posted by spor

hi and welcome to you both, he looks great love the long stripe on back from head. as with the LOTR themes "SAM" or "Pippin" or maybe some darker like Mordor?

Ha Ha my mrs beat you to it. She also said sam. He did a little whoopsie in his faun so I put my hand in to spot clean and he hissed at me..... so he's now offically called SSSSAM
He's spent the first five or six hours trying to find his way out of his faun. He's still not yet used his hides. but he does coil up in the warm end where I've put a towl over that side of the faun as well to give him a bit of security.
These Royals seem to have alot more personality than my corn snake Frodo.
I'm going to leave him well alone now for a few days. He is due a feed tomorrw so should I feed him them leave him for the rest of the week to settle in?
spor Posted - 07/10/2009 : 19:47:27
hi and welcome to you both, he looks great love the long stripe on back from head. as with the LOTR themes "SAM" or "Pippin" or maybe some darker like Mordor?
Remmy Posted - 07/10/2009 : 18:57:59
Very nice snake, makes me want to go out and buy a little one, so cute
fjfenton Posted - 07/10/2009 : 18:36:36
Hes so cute U could call him Dennis?
I've got a July 09 royal and he has a coconut hid...its amazing what they can squeeze themselves in to! LOL
karl Posted - 07/10/2009 : 18:28:42
if the corn is called frodo the snake has to be something LOTR related, so maybe Gollum/Smeagal?

Looks lovely
ookami Posted - 07/10/2009 : 14:22:54
what a lovely little snake!!!
cant help out with the name it took my weeks to come up with Igbo`s name!
are you into any tv programes just now? you might get a name from there?:)

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000