The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Photos
 Say Hi to Dorian :)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kylashnikov Posted - 26/02/2010 : 20:55:34

Got him today, that's him in his 'transport'. Seems to be a brilliant snake so far, and to be honest he doesn't seem to be easily stressed, had a little handle before I put him in his viv and he seemed to be a perky little fella, full of curiosity. He then had a wander around his Vivarium scouting every last corner before stuffing into his hide under the heat lamp and having a nap. (A long nap mind I went to work for 4 hours and he's still in the same spot now)

Thanks for all your help guys, really appreciated :)
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kylashnikov Posted - 10/03/2010 : 22:54:47

I had a check on him today for mites etc as he hasn't fed both times I've offered him it, he's about 3 and a half foot long and 2-3 years old and this is his size if you can tell anything from this, I'm worried about him being underweight as I've seen some very chunky Royals, but I do have a tendency to worry over things. I'm aware this ain't really the best way to hold him as there's some unsupported weight in the centre but he was wrapped on my arm and wandered as i took the image. (He also managed to constrict my neck)
pfleming Posted - 03/03/2010 : 23:09:12
got my snake out today for his first real play.

so love him/her, awesome snake and i soo want another now!!!! :D:D
Kylashnikov Posted - 03/03/2010 : 22:46:41
He's come out for a wander, it's the first time I've seen him snooping since I first put him in his viv.

I'm full of joy like a school child, I love my Dorian :D
piotrmurach Posted - 03/03/2010 : 20:50:17
Very beautiful snake.
Kylashnikov Posted - 03/03/2010 : 18:27:38
He sometimes pokes his head out, but I've never seen him on a wander. I still change his water though, I think I'm going to leave him until Monday and try and feed him then. What's the best method would you say for a first time feed?
HannahB Posted - 03/03/2010 : 18:00:04
aw hes gorgeous
trust me that hands off period will help him out loads!
Kylashnikov Posted - 03/03/2010 : 17:47:01
I'm really having to resist handling him... The urge is killing me :(
boze Posted - 01/03/2010 : 17:46:58
Dont worry, most royals are rarely out and about as they are nocturnal and very timid. My Sal waits until the middle of the night when the house is silent to have a wee explore. Id wait at least until friday to try and feed him, feeding a week late for them is like us not having a mid-morning snack, he wont miss it :-)

D
Kylashnikov Posted - 01/03/2010 : 17:35:48
He loves his hide so much, he's rarely ever out of it when I'm around, should I be concerned by this?

Apparently hewas due a feeding yesterday, but I've only had him since Friday. Reckon it'd be worth a try?
L-DubL-E Posted - 28/02/2010 : 11:34:56
Kool he looks quite well to me
Kylashnikov Posted - 28/02/2010 : 01:06:32
He's about 2-3 years old I think, I thought it'd be wiser with me being a newcomer to Royal's to buy an established feeder, at the moment he's rather fond of his warm end hide. I actually haven't seen him out of it since he had his initial snoot, and when I found him hiding in the cool end earlier. I hope he warms up to me a bit more to be honest :(
Robert Posted - 27/02/2010 : 21:12:11
He looks great :) enjoy :)
Welly Posted - 27/02/2010 : 14:39:09
Nice, How old?
pfleming Posted - 27/02/2010 : 09:58:16
looks great !
Kylashnikov Posted - 27/02/2010 : 09:28:36
He's not quite one of these extravagant morphs but I think he's brilliant. :)

I'm really worried incase he gets stressed though, but as I said he seemed to have no problem when I got him home for a quick handle just to check him over before I put him in the viv. Is that a good sign?
GMac Posted - 26/02/2010 : 22:20:53
nice beastie
Blackecho Posted - 26/02/2010 : 21:58:05
Very nice

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000