The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Photos
 Your viv Setups (picture heavy)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Welly Posted - 02/03/2010 : 20:08:31
Having been spurred on by Mariamscorely's pictures of her Viv setup to get mine up and running i have nearly sorted Sabres viv setup and took some pictures.
I'm still on for adding a few more bits in if i find the right bits.

But here's mine. Lets see yours!

Hot end is right hand side.

Heat lamp and Night light. Custom made heat guard (cost less than a fiver)

Cold end has a big lump of cork bark and has lots of moss under it.

Warm end is, in my mind, clever. I bought a slate tile and raised it up. Now has a basking area under the ceramic heater and a warm hide underneath where the heat mat is!

All in, even though it's a tad on the large side for her she loves it.

20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Taz1877 Posted - 22/02/2011 : 17:56:34
quote:
Originally posted by Welly

Like the branch inside.
If it was me, I'd get some backing for asthetics and maybe a few more plants. The plants would be good to climb and hide in/under too

Thank you for the info will sort all this out. was thinking of more plants as going shopping for more stuff on friday so this will be on the list as well :)
Welly Posted - 22/02/2011 : 17:48:51
Like the branch inside.
If it was me, I'd get some backing for asthetics and maybe a few more plants. The plants would be good to climb and hide in/under too
Taz1877 Posted - 22/02/2011 : 17:12:51
here is a photo of my viv i have got set up for queenie just got to get to pick up one more hide for her. as you can see she is at the bottom right :) but feel free to give me more tips and info on it.

Thanks Taz
reptiledanny Posted - 22/02/2011 : 15:50:36
wow welly, it just keeps getting better and better
Welly Posted - 21/02/2011 : 17:18:48
Been playing again and updated her slate to a larger size. I'm not 100% happy just yet but this is a start

Welly Posted - 13/09/2010 : 19:26:34
They are nice
heaton177 Posted - 13/09/2010 : 18:47:36
anatess, i have to say they are lovely set ups, im going to give mine a make over try and get it the best i can :) need to add some stuff to my shopping list :)
anatess Posted - 12/09/2010 : 09:20:18
Whoa... NICE SET-UPS!

Okay, I'll give you some competition.

LOL.

The spider. Yep, that's a hamster snack shack I'm using as a hide.

The albino. That light is not in the tank - it looks like it is - but it's just a reflection.

The pastel: Yeah, she's a crazy snake - 2 perfectly nice hides and she decides she wants to go underneath it instead.

Hognose: (He's hiding)

Welly Posted - 11/09/2010 : 19:15:35
quote:
Originally posted by reptiledanny

my good welly, i love your setups, you have so much creativity, and they all look so natural, i love your mbk's setup, with the huge piece of wood vine in the middle, i want to do something like that setup for my corn, just minus all the cactus

That was a pain to get right. I had to chop it down in such a way that it would fit in the viv and clear the heater etc.
It's actually screwed in with 6" screws so it will hold tight
Welly Posted - 11/09/2010 : 19:12:55
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

quote:
Originally posted by Solkan

Did you have to do anything special with the slate in the bottom viv?

I got a big bit today but not quite sure what to do other than scrub in with hot soapy water.

You can give it a scrub and then chuck it in the oven for an hour to bake it clean.

Pretty much, i soaked mine in a chlorine and water mix for a day.
I did chip away at it to give it an angled edge.
She loves it and spends a lot of time under or on it
Blackecho Posted - 11/09/2010 : 15:09:10
quote:
Originally posted by Solkan

I got a big bit today but not quite sure what to do other than scrub in with hot soapy water.

You can give it a scrub and then chuck it in the oven for an hour to bake it clean.
reptiledanny Posted - 11/09/2010 : 14:10:11
my good welly, i love your setups, you have so much creativity, and they all look so natural, i love your mbk's setup, with the huge piece of wood vine in the middle, i want to do something like that setup for my corn, just minus all the cactus
Solkan Posted - 09/09/2010 : 20:24:14

Welly Posted - 10/06/2010 : 09:33:59
Electrics are now done too.
The heater element is a Exo Terra 100w Ceramic on a Habistat Pulse stat.
The mat is an Komodo on a Habistat Mat stat.
I have a Lucky Reptile LED moon light, half taped up as its really bloody bright. But is less than 1w.
The day lights are currently under test. I work for a Car accessories supplier and we have just run out some day light running lights that run on 12V. I still had my sample so thought i'd give them ago (keeping up with the LEDs).

After finding a suitable 240-12v plug i soldered up the ends and heatr shrunk them. Plugged it all together and hey presto.
Good amounts of light and next to no power. I may end up going for a strip lamp like the other 2 but it cost me nothing to test so will give it a go.
I still need to strap up some wires yet but gives you an idea

One of the lights

Position on the front of the roof

Heater element in cage

Heat/humid probe

Good amounts of light

reptiledanny Posted - 05/06/2010 : 08:49:40
this is a brilliant viv you have made there. congrats, it must have been such hard work and i cannot wait to see it fully finished with you brb in it enjoying it.
Welly Posted - 05/06/2010 : 02:15:12
Thanks all, so far so good. The humidity is holding perfectly and the moss has dried a little in places ut over all is holding fine.
The Temp is upto 28' and holding. Seems good on first glance but i don't have any form of heating in there yet.
I have put a night light in there and have gone way from the normal 40W nigh light and gone too a lucy Reptile LED moon light. It's pretty good albeit a bit bright, but nothing a bit of angling and black tape hasn't sorted.

More picures soon
karl Posted - 04/06/2010 : 22:42:00
well done that man, cracking job
spor Posted - 03/06/2010 : 14:45:41
nice job very impressed and great pics to document.
Welly Posted - 02/06/2010 : 22:08:11
I didn't think of plexiglass either untill i was trawlng round Bq for an alternative. But it fits the bill just as well if not better.

matty18714 Posted - 02/06/2010 : 11:21:52
Nice one Paul. I wanted to do a bioactive substrate and was going to line viv with acrylic but found it was too exprensive too. Thanks for the plexiglass idea .

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000