The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Photos
 setups

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
reptiledanny Posted - 01/12/2010 : 18:40:47
i ahve searched and found the post bye welly about the setups, but want to see more, and i bet peoples have changed since then
i need some inspirationas i am doing my corns viv soon and a then bullets 3ft, so need some inspiration lol
get snapping with the camera and take some pics for me, plus we all get to see each others
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Royalbob Posted - 23/12/2010 : 16:56:23
Lancelot and prozacbear i'm loving your viv set ups.
prozacbear Posted - 23/12/2010 : 05:56:01
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

quote:
Originally posted by prozacbear

In Guybrush's defence he was only yawning and I have misrepresented him for the sake of comedy.

LOL - yeah, it's a bit like a golden labrador pretending to be fierce and dangerous ... don't suppose Guybrush minded though, royals are so laid back, bless them. My Shahi pretends to be 'his royal highness' - up on his climbing branch, then gives me his little boy lost look ... aww!

Yep Guybrush is a softy really. He has never been remotely aggressive unless there is a warmed rat close by (and even then he often seems apologetic about it). As I said he was only yawning but the "get off my land" look of the photo made me laugh

n/a Posted - 22/12/2010 : 22:16:50
quote:

In Guybrush's defence he was only yawning and I have misrepresented him for the sake of comedy.

LOL - yeah, it's a bit like a golden labrador pretending to be fierce and dangerous ... don't suppose Guybrush minded though, royals are so laid back, bless them. My Shahi pretends to be 'his royal highness' - up on his climbing branch, then gives me his little boy lost look ... aww!

reptiledanny Posted - 22/12/2010 : 22:07:42
it is, but i suppose its better now than when there all in 3ft vivs
prozacbear Posted - 22/12/2010 : 22:02:06
quote:
Originally posted by reptiledanny

looks abit grumpy lol
my new stuff is all coming tomorow, but unfortunalty i cannot set any of it up as mites have invaded at the moment, of all the times lol, ill have to wait 3 weeks before i can set it all up and put snakes in there new vivs

Sorry to hear about your mite problem, it must be very frustrating
reptiledanny Posted - 22/12/2010 : 22:01:47
lmao, its a vrey good pic then, good timing
prozacbear Posted - 22/12/2010 : 21:59:40
n/a Posted - 22/12/2010 : 21:55:12
quote:

Hi
Just took a picture of Gubrush's current set up which I have just cleaned up after tonights mega poo.

and this is Guybrush telling me where I can shove my camera

Oo, the little asbo!

Ought to be more grateful for his lovely setup!
reptiledanny Posted - 22/12/2010 : 21:53:19
looks abit grumpy lol
my new stuff is all coming tomorow, but unfortunalty i cannot set any of it up as mites have invaded at the moment, of all the times lol, ill have to wait 3 weeks before i can set it all up and put snakes in there new vivs
prozacbear Posted - 22/12/2010 : 21:47:02
Hi
Just took a picture of Gubrush's current set up which I have just cleaned up after tonights mega poo.

and this is Guybrush telling me where I can shove my camera
Lancelot Posted - 15/12/2010 : 13:52:07
Royalbob Posted - 12/12/2010 : 03:32:32
sounds good.
Oh How Original Posted - 06/12/2010 : 11:42:12
I think it looks quite cool myself.
I couldn't really do mine with my wallpaper because at the moment I just have lining paper up because I am drawing designs on the walls (when I can be bothered... Never probably).
So I suppose I could do that to the viv, wallpaper the outside and good ol' fashioned pencil :)
That way theres no fumes to affect it and no reasons for leaving it sat drying.
To quote RoyalBob "Everyones a winner" lol.
Royalbob Posted - 05/12/2010 : 18:09:54
Yep its just standard paste and wallpaper on the outside of the viv only. obviously let it dry properly and everything. nothing special but the misses loved it, everyones a winner lol
Oh How Original Posted - 05/12/2010 : 17:29:10
I was meaning just for the outside, hadn't even considered the inside due to the fumes.
That would be quite cool, I could take the viv to pieces, paint each bit individually, varnish it individually then leave it outside to dry thoroughly.
n/a Posted - 05/12/2010 : 13:49:28
Hi, i've never done it but I assume acrylic paint could be used inside a viv (always assuming the paint would take to the surface) and then sealed with yacht varnish or similar. You'd have to use a very low-fume varnish and leave it for a good time so that the fumes dispersed, including giving it a period with the heating on, as heating will draw out any lingering fumes. Or does anyone know of any craft paint that would be harmless to snakes and suitable for the inside of a viv? Personally I'd still seal that with varnish though, for ease of cleaning, especially if the viv's for a messy corn.

Fiddly and time consuming - but oh boy you could create some incredible effects - like having a paler wall with darker exotic leaves drawn on... possibilities are endless!
Oh How Original Posted - 05/12/2010 : 00:10:50
Ahh I didn't realize it was OK to put wallpaper paste on a viv and stuff.
I'm still going to presume I can't paint mine? (only the outside...)
That's if I don't get an all glass one :P
nok1888 Posted - 04/12/2010 : 22:04:12
quote:
Originally posted by reptiledanny

lol, its always expensive getting a new setup

Especially with a wife 3 kids 2 dogs a cat and 5 fish lol
reptiledanny Posted - 04/12/2010 : 21:36:14
lol, its always expensive getting a new setup, best to do it in bits, that way u can save up the money lol, wish i had done it that way
nok1888 Posted - 04/12/2010 : 21:30:44
Aye starting to get stuff in for it soon

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000