The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Photos
 Kaa!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SurroundedByMadness Posted - 02/01/2011 : 19:52:02
Here's a few pictures of my New(ish) Royal I got in october 2010. Hes quite a shy snake and jumpy at times, but hopefully over time that will change

13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
SurroundedByMadness Posted - 02/01/2011 : 23:51:34
Lmao! I guess a year isnt too young then haha
I really need to get some scales, i have no idea how much he weighs or what he was before he stopped eating, nobody bothered to tell me i should keep track of hid weight :(
Well i suppose all snakes differ, some might be okay being handled while not feeding and some might not, it just depends on the snake? But everyones experience and opinions helps :) so thank you
yeah he is :) he helps me out a lot and gives me advise, but its nice to learn from more than one person, which is why i joined mainly lol
n/a Posted - 02/01/2011 : 23:41:29
LOL - my Shahi hatched apr/may this year - we had a bit of a poor start re feeding, but then he never stopped until the girls arrived in Nov - I swear he knew - the guys are very precocious when it comes to females, although there are guideline weights - and, trust him, he's nearly there!

He's on and off feeding now - not a problem since he's such a big lad for his age.

Yes, there are so many different theories re handling - I've only had royals for 5 months so can't claim to be an expert ...lol, there are plenty of friendly people on here who will know better than me, and your uncle sounds like a good guy to know too!
Royalbob Posted - 02/01/2011 : 23:32:36
Great pics he looks brill
SurroundedByMadness Posted - 02/01/2011 : 23:12:36
Is he old enough to be even thinking about girls, he's about a year old?
Yeah that makes sense, its what ive been told before, but then my uncle told me its fine to handle them (he's had his royal for about 5 years now), i've been told so many different things about handling them lol
n/a Posted - 02/01/2011 : 23:02:25
Hi again. At this time of year their eating's erratic due to it being the breeding season (OMG have to remember to take rodents out of freezer for tomorrow - at least trusty corns will recycle if royals refuse lol!)

The official line is, if they aren't feeding, don't handle. I truly don't know why this is - I think it's supposed to be, if the snake isn't eating, keep it quiet and unstressed - makes sense.
SurroundedByMadness Posted - 02/01/2011 : 22:48:14
Yeah he his :) He was enjoying his grub, but hasnt eaten for 7 weeks :( lol
How often should you handle them? Or does it depend on the snake itself?
n/a Posted - 02/01/2011 : 22:11:33
He's a lovely lad, looks like he's doing well and enjoying his grub. Royals are shy - it's part of their charm, lovely little guys!
louise32 Posted - 02/01/2011 : 21:28:16
Gorgeous pics, love that last one!
Figs Posted - 02/01/2011 : 20:36:38
He's a very handsome fella!
That last picture is so beautiful
SurroundedByMadness Posted - 02/01/2011 : 20:08:04
Yep, they didnt even mention a thermostat to me... Luckily enough, I used my common sense and got one
reptiledanny Posted - 02/01/2011 : 20:04:45
your welcome, some pet shops will just say stuff, like alot of them do not advise buying thermostats
SurroundedByMadness Posted - 02/01/2011 : 20:00:51
Yeah I read about doing that, but when I got him the guy at the shop told me they fed him in the viv on the substrate. So I just did what he said they'd done previously. But what you said makes sense, i'll do that from now on. Thank you
reptiledanny Posted - 02/01/2011 : 19:53:29
hes gorgeous, and lovely pics
just be careful feeding on the substrate, if nead bee put some kitchen roll under the food and he can eat off that so he does not get any substrate stuck to the mouse and ingest it

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000