The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Photos
 here he is soloman my new royal

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
soloman Posted - 10/01/2011 : 21:02:08

20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 16/01/2011 : 20:41:38
Try googling Blue Lizard - their prices are pretty low and delivery is free over £50, sorry I don't know how to post links but their website is pretty easy to get around; you can order online and they are very reliable.
soloman Posted - 16/01/2011 : 20:32:33
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

quote:
Originally posted by soloman

yeah thx sure he will eat when he is ready, thinking of ditching the heat mat wots the best heat source i could replace it with if you could do me a little list i will price it up and save some pennys:)

Hi, you will need:

Screw fitting bulb socket, flex and plug
Infra red bulb (and spare bulb - Robert's just posted about how it's a good idea to keep spares of everything in.)
Dimmer thermostat
Bulb guard
I'm assuming you'll have a thermometer already.

Or you can use a non-light emitting ceramic bulb, which wll need a pulse proportional stat (I don't know much about these.) And fitting and spare bulb and guard.

I like Blue Lizard but other people like Ebay, where they will probably be cheaper (just never got my head round Ebay lol.)

anyone know if i can buy this as a package or does it have to be seperate:)
soloman Posted - 12/01/2011 : 21:14:43
ok thx i have a look
reptiledanny Posted - 12/01/2011 : 21:10:14
unfotunatly postage would be quiet alot as it is very heavy, i asking 20 quid for it, but with postage could end up being 30, heres a link for pics: http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4919
soloman Posted - 12/01/2011 : 21:05:59
ok would you post and how much would you want for it
reptiledanny Posted - 12/01/2011 : 20:33:58
lmao, i plan to have java in all my vivs lol for the royals
n/a Posted - 12/01/2011 : 20:33:21
Java branch is cool, it's the snakey equivalent of designer gear. (Saada supermodel came with 3 pieces) Afraid my others haven't achieved any Java yet, good thing snakes don't get jealous lol.
reptiledanny Posted - 12/01/2011 : 20:28:30
quote:

sorry no im a pain in the ass but can i put java branch in viv?

i ahve a piece for sale, and yes you can
GMac Posted - 12/01/2011 : 20:26:07
quote:

yes you can, and don't worry about asking if your not sure it is always better to ,ake sure
soloman Posted - 12/01/2011 : 20:17:34
soloman Posted - 12/01/2011 : 20:08:47
infra red sounds good seem to see alot of them in photos will do a bit of price comparison thx
n/a Posted - 12/01/2011 : 20:02:15
quote:

yeah thx sure he will eat when he is ready, thinking of ditching the heat mat wots the best heat source i could replace it with if you could do me a little list i will price it up and save some pennys:)

Hi, you will need:

Screw fitting bulb socket, flex and plug
Infra red bulb (and spare bulb - Robert's just posted about how it's a good idea to keep spares of everything in.)
Dimmer thermostat
Bulb guard
I'm assuming you'll have a thermometer already.

Or you can use a non-light emitting ceramic bulb, which wll need a pulse proportional stat (I don't know much about these.) And fitting and spare bulb and guard.

I like Blue Lizard but other people like Ebay, where they will probably be cheaper (just never got my head round Ebay lol.)
soloman Posted - 12/01/2011 : 19:49:50
konrad1982 Posted - 12/01/2011 : 18:08:34
If he isn't scared too much he will definitely come out. When I was feeding mine for the first time he grabbed the mouse and took into his (her) hide but after one hour I found it there. When I took him out and gave him another chance he didn't have any problems.
Royalbob Posted - 12/01/2011 : 15:18:16
yeh keep us posted. let him settle in. you'll see he develops a little routine. i find it's always worth asking how they where fed before. such as was the food left in or wriggled around, how was it warmed up etc. There's even some that apparently only eat a certain color. one of mine prefers being in the hide when i offer as if she's ambushing it. others leap at the rat as soon as i open the rub and one will strike one week and the next i have to leave it in the rub then it's gone in 10mins. All different.
n/a Posted - 12/01/2011 : 13:37:58
Aww, pity, fingers crossed for next week, let us know how you go on.
soloman Posted - 12/01/2011 : 13:25:27
Well little mousey made it through the night so gonna give it another week me thinks and mousey can go out for the cats:)
soloman Posted - 11/01/2011 : 21:25:36
brilliant thx for the info will leave in tonight and if he still there tomorrow will give him another 7 days:)
n/a Posted - 11/01/2011 : 21:15:30
quote:

no i havent given him a week to settle and temps are fine and im buying food from the same shop maybe i should give him another week would that be a good idea?

Hi, yes, it's a good idea to give them a week to settle in - but there again, loads of people have fed straight away and the snake has taken the prey. If he hasn't fed this time, don't worry. He's a royal - he won't starve. You could leave the mouse in the viv overnight (shame to waste a mouse) but make sure he can't drag it into any substrate. Otherwise, just leave him for another 7 days, and try him again. He'll get there!
soloman Posted - 11/01/2011 : 21:05:23
no i havent given him a week to settle and temps are fine and im buying food from the same shop maybe i should give him another week would that be a good idea?

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000