The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Photos
 Oliver out and about last night.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Oh How Original Posted - 11/01/2011 : 13:07:23
Well I chose the name Oliver for my new 2007 Male Royal.
And here he is having a good old explore last night, surprising considering I had music on, and it was bright as hell in the room with my light on, and he's only been here a couple of days.
Anyway here he is, bare in mind the glass isn't dirty, the "stains" won't seem to come off, and also, take no notice of the dial thermometer, I have a digital one set up outside the viv :)
Oliver:

18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lotabob Posted - 12/01/2011 : 22:47:40
My dimming stat probe and associated thermometer probe are just lying on the substrate and to keep them together, neat and tidy I used a very thin line of hot glue. With the wires just under the substrate it holds it in place. As long as it has direct line of sight and is in the area where the bulb concentrates most of the heat then its fine. Another popular thing to be used instead of tape is aquarium sealant though it takes a while to dry. I hope you don't think I'm (or anyone) is having a go its just tape is dangerous for snakes and there are other safer options available.
reptiledanny Posted - 12/01/2011 : 17:26:20
like speedy sed, just lie them on the substrate, its not if the snake gets cought, its when the snake gets cought, as they will eventually find a way to get on it
speedy231278 Posted - 12/01/2011 : 16:03:38
I just lie the probes on the substrate. It's very rare they get moved about if you make sure the cables are pretty close to the sides of the viv.

Have to confess that the mats in our corns vivs are taped down, however I'm careful to avoid it being anywhere near the resistance material, and check that there are no lifted edges every time the viv is spot cleaned. At the first sign the tape is unhappy, the whole lot comes out and is replaced with new tape, very carefully applied to make sure there's no chance of it catching a scale. Untaped, it was not uncommon to find substrate and/or snakey under the mat!
Oh How Original Posted - 12/01/2011 : 15:20:37
The duct tape is stuck on hence why it hasn't been took off.
It has been like that for 2 years with the previous owner as he used it to hold the probe for the stat.
If I don't use tape to hold the probe down what else am I supposed to use?...
hiper2009 Posted - 12/01/2011 : 02:00:01
Nice pics love the one of him opening his mouth .

As Danny said watch out for the duck tape and clear tape.
Lotabob Posted - 11/01/2011 : 21:25:40
Excuse my blunt plea. Please take all of the tape out. If he gets stuck he's gonna hurt himself getting free or your going to have a right job taking it off of him. Tape of any sort should NEVER be used inside a snake's enclosure.

Apart from that, beautiful snake, Great photo's as always.
Oh How Original Posted - 11/01/2011 : 20:53:14
I know, he pulled it up when I first put it in, but it's in securely, he has been over it a few times and it hasn't moved, also didn't hear any ripping noises so I think it's OK.
Not sure of were else to put it and thought it was quite a good place.
reptiledanny Posted - 11/01/2011 : 19:17:08
just be careful ahve tape in the viv (if thats what it is on the big exo terra hide holding the probe down)
he looks lovely, will have to get us some update pics when he sheds
Oh How Original Posted - 11/01/2011 : 16:49:07
Can't wait until his shed is off, there was a tiny bit in his water, so it's certain;y started...
And I am extremely proud of how confident he is :D
louise32 Posted - 11/01/2011 : 16:34:49
He looks great and seems very settled already.
Royalbob Posted - 11/01/2011 : 15:07:17
looks great. gonna be nice and bright soon as well.
Figs Posted - 11/01/2011 : 14:51:41
Bet he'll look fab when he's finished shedding

and i can definitely see Harrison as talking like that! He is just a baby after all
He came from a lad in Machester - i cant remember who
Oh How Original Posted - 11/01/2011 : 13:49:03
Thanks Lilith, yes he certainly does, quite proud he feels safe and confident enough to just roam around with me watching and taking pictures :D
n/a Posted - 11/01/2011 : 13:35:41
LOL - that is so cool - snake ahoy!

Lovely pics and lovely Oliver - he looks a happy chap!
Kelfezond Posted - 11/01/2011 : 13:28:06
Little play around ^^

Also not sure why Harrison is illiterate? :P
Oh How Original Posted - 11/01/2011 : 13:21:09
Yeah, it's just a shame it came out dark, trust the one I play with the settings on the camera be the one we're he yawned!
Oh well it's still visible so it's all good.
And as far as I am aware, there is no connection between Oliver and Harrison.
If anything, Oliver will be Harrisons dad, which would be interesting to see were Erin actually got Harrison from, as the guy I got Oliver off did used to breed...
That would be something rather cool :D
Kelfezond Posted - 11/01/2011 : 13:15:23
Haha that dark one with his mouth open is great, any relation to our lovely Harrison? xD
Oh How Original Posted - 11/01/2011 : 13:10:49
Also, I did change his water straight after taking the pictures lol.
Just noticed it has some wood chips and shed in it :)

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000