The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Photos
 Kelfezond`s Axanthic.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
CoN Posted - 13/01/2011 : 18:35:46
Kelfezond asked me to put his new Royal`s pic up for him.

Forgot to add, he originally comes from NERD.
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lorraine Posted - 24/01/2012 : 23:52:39
He's fabulous.
Zincubus Posted - 24/01/2012 : 22:19:20
Crap. !!!

LOL
Kelfezond Posted - 24/01/2012 : 19:27:42
They would look normal :)

I made a video on genetics you might enjoy, www.youtube.com/kelfezond
Zincubus Posted - 24/01/2012 : 19:20:57
So they'd look Albino ??

Or would they look NORMAL with bi genes carried ??
Kelfezond Posted - 24/01/2012 : 18:57:35
No axanthic is recessive like albino so every baby would be 100% albino and axanthic het
Zincubus Posted - 24/01/2012 : 18:40:53
Any ideas what I'd get if I put a male Axanthic with a female HC Albino ??

Could do with knowing what the offspring may look like ..... none of this hets malarky:)

I'm guessing they'd "look" Axanthic with the Albino HC gene .....but no visual albinos !!??
Kelfezond Posted - 15/01/2011 : 13:02:37
Indeed, weird as it sounds I love his scarring :P Lets me tell him apart from the others (That and the fact he's about 10 times bigger lol)
n/a Posted - 15/01/2011 : 13:01:08
Photos can be unreliable, it can be a question of lighting - you could experiment with different lighting and background when he's settled in, and get pics that bring out his full colouring. He's had quite a chequered career in his time, hasn't he, bless him.
Kelfezond Posted - 15/01/2011 : 10:36:34
Yeah in the picture here I struggle to see his axanthic look but even colour-blind old me can tell when you see him in person.
reptiledanny Posted - 15/01/2011 : 08:47:13
lol kel, just seen ur thread on rfuk where there all going on about what a deal you got lol
was a very good deal, but he looks well worth it
if you at parts of his body, he still has that black and grey look
n/a Posted - 14/01/2011 : 21:27:04
quote:
Originally posted by Kelfezond

I've not risked putting any snake near my face yet XD apart from diablo who sometimes curls up around my glasses lol

LOL - can't really argue with Surahi - she just sort of surges up, kisses me and then hugs me. She's nothing like a boa, nothing like that kind of strength, that's what I like about royals, they are like a miniature big snake, and so placid.
Kelfezond Posted - 14/01/2011 : 20:51:53
I've not risked putting any snake near my face yet XD apart from diablo who sometimes curls up around my glasses lol
n/a Posted - 14/01/2011 : 20:23:35
quote:
Originally posted by Kelfezond

He almost crushed my fingers, and now when I look at the fatty, Valhalla she seems tiny :P

LOL - I know - can't wait to introduce Fatboyslim (Shahi) to Surahi as her toyboy! She likes to coil and grip my neck too - royal neck massage ...good thing she's not a boa!
Kelfezond Posted - 14/01/2011 : 20:18:07
He almost crushed my fingers, and now when I look at the fatty, Valhalla she seems tiny :P
n/a Posted - 14/01/2011 : 20:16:08
Ah, sorry. Kelfezond - never seen your new addition till now!

He's a gorgeous lad - looks as big as my Surahi - wow it's quite a difference when you handle them, isn't it?
reptiledanny Posted - 14/01/2011 : 17:33:40
quote:
Originally posted by Royalbob
quote:
he looks gorgeous, browned out a bit, but not as much as other axnathics that iv seen

The majority of Axanthics brown out as they age as do many other morphs. In fact the only line proven not to brown is the new black axanthic.

i now that, thats why i said hes brownd out
Royalbob Posted - 14/01/2011 : 15:37:48
quote:
Originally posted by Grunt

Superb explanation Bob, all this stuff about genes is starting to make sense to me. Is there anywhere where there's a list of which genes are recessive/dominant/co-dominant to which (if that makes sense)?

great link here for exactly what your after. Scroll about half way down the page.

http://www.darksidereptiles.com/forum/index.php?topic=2567.0

Or check here as well
http://www.worldofballpythons.com/morphs/

Cheers, just click on the morph your interested in and on the left it will tell you what genes make up that morph.
tAnYa Posted - 14/01/2011 : 15:24:54
Nice big boy! I'm jealous!
sandi Posted - 14/01/2011 : 14:52:44
Brilliant, thanks for that! Its sinking in now!
Grunt Posted - 14/01/2011 : 14:19:48
Superb explanation Bob, all this stuff about genes is starting to make sense to me. Is there anywhere where there's a list of which genes are recessive/dominant/co-dominant to which (if that makes sense)?

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000