The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Photos
 A rare Royal Appearance.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lotabob Posted - 12/05/2011 : 00:23:03
Found Duke warming himself up laying in the corner of his hot spot. The second time this year I've seen him out and visible.

Don't worry he hasn't shrunk, a chunk of him is under the hide too.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sandi Posted - 14/05/2011 : 21:45:25
Very cool to see him out!

Florence was out the other morn, about 6.30am, sleeping on top of her hide. First time this year! Only see her when i disturb her normally.
markmifsud Posted - 13/05/2011 : 08:54:34
It is his empty weight, but not her, so she is a bit less
Lotabob Posted - 13/05/2011 : 00:37:54
Haha growing all the time, is that their empty weight?
markmifsud Posted - 12/05/2011 : 21:29:27
omg, i just weighed them again, he is 1603, she is now 1780
Lotabob Posted - 12/05/2011 : 21:03:42
Stumpy: Yeah I handle him but its always an extraction from a hide, its rare he eer just sits out like he is there. It is orchid bark, I dry 50% of it out and then mix it with the moist stuff as its just a bit too damp for a royal in my opinion. I like it though.

BATS: I do see Duke when he eats, just his head mind as he grabs the rat and drags it in his hide. I've fixed a curtain (Its a teatowel duct taped to the front) to his viv and cover him over after dark and its made a huge difference to him, I can hear him actually moving about, i dont want to disturb him so I resisit the urge to look but this was when i got home from work just sat there bold as you like.

MARK: Blimey it blows my mind to think Duke could get that heavy, lol. You got a rare exhibitionist royal.

STICK: Thank you.

Think thats everyone
STICKS Posted - 12/05/2011 : 19:21:08
Hi there very nice group of pics Lotabob.
markmifsud Posted - 12/05/2011 : 10:13:59
Looks just like my female royal (1.6kg) but she is always out and about, I dont think there has been a day that she has hidden away yet.
n/a Posted - 12/05/2011 : 10:05:39
Ha - spring has sprung at last, eh? Mind you, Shahi's much the same; the only time I see any movement from him is when his rat's on the tongs. Once it disappears, so does he, bless him.

Lovely pics and setup; very naturalistic; he looks so comfortable (and large ...) Great snake!
stumpy Posted - 12/05/2011 : 10:00:21
Yes very chunky, dont you handle him at all then? Thanks for doing that picture for me, As for danny he dosent realise some o.a.p. need help occ. I havent got the brain of a teenager anymore. Is that orchid bark Duke is on?

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000