The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Photos
 Hello Chancho!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mystra Posted - 19/06/2011 : 14:00:10
Here is my new boy Chancho! a late CB10 from Bexley Aquatics and Reptiles. It was love at first sight, as soon as the man in the shop passed him to me i got a cuddle and he decided to put his tongue up my nose (very hard to not sneeze!!!).. he didn't even want to go in his box to go home!

So here's some quick pics before he reluctantly went into his RUB! He's a good feeder so hopefully in a week or so he will eat for me, but i wont get my hopes up too much, as i understand that they do like to stress us out lol and from what i've read they take much longer to settle in than a corn for example. Hopefully he is what his name means - Pig!!!

BTW he's currently in a 18l RUB, in my mini sort of rack - which is where the heating is, in case you were wondering! He was living in a much smaller tub in the shop's rack so hopefully this is too big a jump in size, got a 9l and 12l RUB standing by. Also, when will they invent a lovely wireless thermostat, i got in such a knot the other day trying to organise all the wires! Bloody heatmats, stats, digi thermometers, you need to be a qualified electrician for this hobby!!! :D Can't wait to put all my snakes in their proper, final vivs when they are fully grown so i can sort out the wiring for once and for all!

Here he is anyway, what a handsome boy, so glad i finally took the plunge!

10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mystra Posted - 19/06/2011 : 22:10:21
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

Ha - not been over on the darkside for yonks, but knew I remembered Shineysides!

My senior loach seems to cherish his female companion, but the largest Chinese bitterling is always fussing up against him - seems to adore him in fact. Oooh, goldfish are hard labour indoors - I ended up banishing mine to a 50 gallon outdoor tank. A couple of scruffy supermarket things have survived 2 hard Yorks winters.
Aww. Chancho sounds to be settling in ... reminds me of last summer with Shahi - he had to have his own net curtain - what a mummy's boy eh? Aw and Betty - these corns! Armchair walkies? Please?? Angelic little devils!

haha, bless them, loach are so funny!! That bitterling sounds like such a flirt with your senior loach! Mine likes to sit up on top of the filter like he's the king of the castle when its warm in the summer (hint hint weather....) surprised Pedro hasn't attempted to join him... mind you he's too fat!! i'll have to put some piccies up in the other section! i've threatened to sell him to the fish pedicure people... although i think he'd chew someone's leg off! He was my first one after not keeping fish for years, from a local aquatics shop... all the others died that i bought that day... and he just keeps going!

I just had Betty out and i'm there going "aww hasn't she grown" and talking to her like she's a blinkin' puppy.... my boyfriend says i have lost what little mind was left!! (but i've seen him.... when he thinks i'm not in the room... i've seen him there by the rubs going "awwww hello Betty" LOL)
n/a Posted - 19/06/2011 : 21:46:28
Ha - not been over on the darkside for yonks, but knew I remembered Shineysides!

My senior loach seems to cherish his female companion, but the largest Chinese bitterling is always fussing up against him - seems to adore him in fact. Oooh, goldfish are hard labour indoors - I ended up banishing mine to a 50 gallon outdoor tank. A couple of scruffy supermarket things have survived 2 hard Yorks winters.
Aww. Chancho sounds to be settling in ... reminds me of last summer with Shahi - he had to have his own net curtain - what a mummy's boy eh? Aw and Betty - these corns! Armchair walkies? Please?? Angelic little devils!
mystra Posted - 19/06/2011 : 21:25:19
quote:

Ha - have you changed your sig - I remember you from another forum, with the weather loach, Lieutenant Shineysides, was it? I've got 2 weather loach - and they are DAFT! They shuffle along like siamese twins and perform loopy ballets up and down the tank (mercifully 4') - well, ballets, pas de deux, or should I say pas de loach lol?

yes i'm on the dark side too and a load of other random forums lol! i realised i hadn't put the whole family on XD

i really need to get the Lieutenant a friend or two, altho the goldfish and him seem to have turned into the odd couple in themselves!! Also want to get another goldfish too really, but its like i've got so picky on who goes into that tank now!! Plus most shops sell such little tiddlers.. i know once upon a time Pedro was just that but i think he'd eat them for breakfast! he's such a bully! constantly dive bombs the snails as they come up for their air or whatever it is they do... they'll just get to the top and.... BANG! and these aren't small apple snails either! i got the biggest bruisiest ones lol!! and people think goldfish keeping is boring (and easy LOL tell me that when you take up 5 buckets up and down the stairs every other week doing water changes in a 4ft tank haha!)

Anyway.. enough of my fishtank drama... just sneaked a peek over at Chancho... he's poking his little nosey out of his warm hide! My rack is built for 3 rubs, and i decided to nail a spare fabric blind i had to the front, so Chancho is in the Penthouse suite at the top, biggest RUB, and has the blind down so he feels nice and cosy.... meanwhile Betty is giving me the gooey cooey eyes to let her out and Sanchez is in a grump as usual... never a dull moment with pets like these!
n/a Posted - 19/06/2011 : 20:31:18
Ha - have you changed your sig - I remember you from another forum, with the weather loach, Lieutenant Shineysides, was it? I've got 2 weather loach - and they are DAFT! They shuffle along like siamese twins and perform loopy ballets up and down the tank (mercifully 4') - well, ballets, pas de deux, or should I say pas de loach lol?
mystra Posted - 19/06/2011 : 20:19:12
quote:
Originally posted by scubadude

Congrats mystra, and welcome chancho, certainly looks a chunky healthy lad, you are now 'officially' a member of the club,
and as far as cables go, wait until the collection grows (and it will, despite protests )my rep room looks like a rats nest with all the cables.

haha i don't know how you cope with all that wiring, it doesn't help that i am a bit OCD with tangled wires (thanks Mum for passing on that habit LOL) when i see them in a knot i HAVE to fix it or it drives me mental!! Seriously, someone needs to invent something better... even the thermostats as they are look like they were made in the 80s and haven't changed since! Now there's a project for Dragon's Den... if only i knew anything about electronics and the like!!
scubadude Posted - 19/06/2011 : 16:17:00
Congrats mystra, and welcome chancho, certainly looks a chunky healthy lad, you are now 'officially' a member of the club,
and as far as cables go, wait until the collection grows (and it will, despite protests )my rep room looks like a rats nest with all the cables.
mystra Posted - 19/06/2011 : 15:52:07
quote:

Aww - you got your royal!! Isn't he a stunner!! Congrats!

Know what you mean about cables - I've been thinking the same thing - why with all this modern technology can't they invent wireless snake equipment - my house is like Battersea power station lol!

Congrats again!

thanks BATS!

i know!! even my mums central heating has a wireless thermostat, surely someone must invent something for our scaley friends, that doesn't involve me getting tangled in mils of cables any time i need to move anything about! It's a nightmare lol, i don't know how people cope when they have lots of them!
mystra Posted - 19/06/2011 : 15:49:32
quote:
Originally posted by reptilemadd

He's lovely welcome to the club hope you have many happy years as a member lol

thank you, i'm counting down the days now til he can have the old 'arm chair walkies!' after some good feeds inside his lil belly!
n/a Posted - 19/06/2011 : 14:27:26
Aww - you got your royal!! Isn't he a stunner!! Congrats!

Know what you mean about cables - I've been thinking the same thing - why with all this modern technology can't they invent wireless snake equipment - my house is like Battersea power station lol!

Congrats again!
reptilemadd Posted - 19/06/2011 : 14:19:29
He's lovely welcome to the club hope you have many happy years as a member lol

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000