The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Photos
 A great step for Bats-kind ...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 09/07/2011 : 15:37:37
Sorry guys, this is just me playing about, but this is just to see if I've actually found out how to get photobucket to work. Sorry it isn't a pic of a royal - it's Cy as a hatchling - for those who don't know her, she hatched with one eye - her full name is Cyclops ...

Blooody hell - I think it's worked!!

The thing is - for about a year photobucket has kept throwing me off the net every time I've tried to access it - don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but unfortunately I really don't know what I did to access pb this time ...

Also many many thanks to Kelf for his video re posting pics.

If it does work I will add a pic of Shahi ...if I can upload it to Photobucket ...
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
boomslang Posted - 06/08/2011 : 23:11:21
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

Well, I will confess, before I came on the forums, I used hamster logs, a bird box and a roosting pouch for the corns (the roosting pouch was a huge success until some slob crapped in it ...hey, what am I grumbling about - if it was nowadays the thing would be brimming with corn snake !)

And they are all alive and kicking (well, you know what I mean lol!)

But on a serious note really wooden use pine or any conifer ...

Its more the dust,from pine bedding etc.not the wood thats the problem..But then they don't tell you what the wood is,So it could be anything hehe.

The habba huts,look like douglas fir wood.
n/a Posted - 06/08/2011 : 22:50:52
Well, I will confess, before I came on the forums, I used hamster logs, a bird box and a roosting pouch for the corns (the roosting pouch was a huge success until some slob crapped in it ...hey, what am I grumbling about - if it was nowadays the thing would be brimming with corn snake !)

And they are all alive and kicking (well, you know what I mean lol!)

But on a serious note really wooden use pine or any conifer ...
boomslang Posted - 06/08/2011 : 21:19:13
Depends which kinda pine it is,Most if not all,Don't even say what wood it is.

Ive used the Habba Huts before.
n/a Posted - 06/08/2011 : 13:21:40
If it's natural wood, it may be pine - I wooden use it for a snake but good deal though, wooden beech about it, oak this helps ...
SaltyTurtle Posted - 06/08/2011 : 13:04:08
http://www.tortoisecentre.co.uk/MoreDetails_20182_Trixie-Tortoise-Hide.aspx

Looks pretty impressive, not totally natural looking though, lol.
n/a Posted - 06/08/2011 : 11:41:29
I've never seen the Trixies elsewhere either, though Blue Lizard say they'll be stocking them, doubt if they'll be any cheaper though. £4.50 for the 24cm size, you can't go wrong.

Ha - just in case anyone else's broadband page starts sliding off the screen - discovered by trial and error that if the maximise icon has disappeared, go to top right of screen, right click, and you will get one of those handy little boxes, offering you the chance to left click on maximise ...erm, sorry if everyone else knew this - but I didn't lol
boomslang Posted - 05/08/2011 : 23:02:49
Never seen the Trixie hides for sale in shops around me.Was going to pick up afew from surrey pet supplies,But at the time they never had sizes listed.

n/a Posted - 05/08/2011 : 13:24:34
LOL - Salty Turtle - she does, doesn't she? She's a bit bigger than that now and eating well, found her in shed this morning, with her one blue eye.

Hi, Boomslang - you can see the Trixie hides in a few of the vivs, but here is a close-up ...

I like them; they have an attractive rough finish like a boulder, but they're easy to clean and disinfect. They are a lot lighter in weight but the royals don't seem to move them about - Surahi, in the top right hand viv, has a big one (for some reason she's got the entrance towards the glass of the viv - should have put it facing towards the back wall.)

The 'little white boxes' are a dismembered dressing table lol. It was an old one and I painted it and fixed pine knobs; then needed the space for the viv stack. So I took it to pieces and put one side-bit on top of the other to make it look like a tall thin chest of drawers. It looks pretty scruffy close-up, but in this house scruffiness is called 'character' lol.
SaltyTurtle Posted - 04/08/2011 : 23:00:57

Wow, that's pretty slick, your snake matches your curtains!

boomslang Posted - 04/08/2011 : 21:42:59
OKay quick questions.....what are those little boxes,with white lids and wooden knobs,stuck to the wall for?
And are they trixie hides you use? if so you got any pics of them?Are they any good?
n/a Posted - 04/08/2011 : 15:47:38
Thanks, Sandi - more to come, with any luck!
n/a Posted - 04/08/2011 : 15:46:40
Wow! It just did it - I now have the normal sidebar arrow thingys for scrolling up and down, and the diminish/enlarge facility restored ...

Umm, Chateau Bats is a little fraught atm due to the dread Atos - probably just my gremlins guys - sorry!

Will now try and post up the thread I was working on while the going's good - but if I disappear entirely, you'll know what's happened ...
sandi Posted - 04/08/2011 : 15:45:36
Sorry bats but im a techno numpty when it comes to these things!

LOVE the swimming pic though....amazing!
n/a Posted - 04/08/2011 : 15:35:28

Heeeelp!

The above pic is just part of a series I took today - freshly shed Shahi, 900g empty, big boy, very proud, went out into the garden and promptly turned into the Loch Ness Monster ...

Spent ages putting together the thread and loading up the pics ...then found that, since I've been using google chrome, the screen size of my computer has been greatly reduced when on the web, and now I can't scroll fully sideways, or down to press the post new thread button, or, as I found this morning, to edit a thread either ...I can post this reply, and that's it ...

If I don't use google chrome, photobucket throws a hissy fit ...

Thanks for looking at the pic, and anyone got any bright ideas about how to get my full size screen back? Doing my head in!
n/a Posted - 27/07/2011 : 22:53:32
Lol - thanks Bob - amazing, isn't it???

Yeah, everyone's had their pics up now - Saada and Surahi on here and the corns and Ziska (have you seen my Ziska???) on other reptiles. Inundating the forum with pics now!
Royalbob Posted - 27/07/2011 : 22:29:19
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh

Congrats Bats so glad you conquered photobucket. you'll be designing web pages in no time.
Almost forgot great pics as well. love the feeding ones.
Lotabob Posted - 26/07/2011 : 18:20:23
n/a Posted - 26/07/2011 : 15:04:06
quote:
Originally posted by Lotabob

Ah I may be able to help shrink your pics as you upload them.

When you click 'upload now' the big greeen button you're taken to a screen that says 'select photos and videos' dont click that yet look below it underneath all facebook twitter myspace twoddle it says 'customize your upload options'
Click that and it take you to a multiple choice screen, just click the little dot for 800X600 and hit save at the bottom. Now any photos you upload will be the right size.

As for shrinking photos already uploaded, just click resize on the top of each photo and select 800X600 and it will ask you if you're sure, if you are then click OK.

Ha, Bob - many thanks - I actually got my head round this - very very good tip!
n/a Posted - 15/07/2011 : 11:53:05
Ah, thanks GMac - that's cool. Perhaps this new web browser will iron out the link problem. I'm still stunned that I can post pics at all.
GMac Posted - 14/07/2011 : 23:26:09
liking your stack, looks dam good BATS (fixed your links you were very very nearly there)

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000