The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Photos
 Shahi moves house

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 28/08/2011 : 13:19:54
Since building this viv stack, two of my corns, Buffy and Saffron, have become enormous. Shahi's and Saada's vivs, like the ones in the stack, are 3' but taller and deeper. Shahi and Saada, being typical royals, are pretty lazy, but Buffy and Saffy are active types. Plus the viv stack, facing a south facing window, is in the warmest part of the house. So made sense to move them round a bit.

A lot of spring cleaning of course, and swabbing with F10, and presently a sleepy Shahi, unaware that the rest of his viv furniture had disappeared, was roused from his hide and told he was moving house.

'Oh. Where's my climbing branch?' Straight up on it. 'It'll do I suppose.'

'See, you're next door to Saada now!'

'Oh. Is she breeding weight?'

'Erm, well, no ...'

'Not much good to me then. What's down here?'

This morning I got up to find a damp patch on his substrate next to a hide. The snakes seem to be making a habit of this. Twice in the last two days I've risen in the early hours to find offerings from Spooky and Saffron. Who were anxious to 'help.' Half asleep, fending off an inquisitive corn from scoop and F10 spray and kitchen roll. They meant well, bless them. Shahi, needless to say, didn't bother to help. I cleaned up and got him out for a weigh-in.

1050g. A far cry from that little cf hatchling who arrived last year and wouldn't eat for a while. The lad and I are very proud!
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 29/08/2011 : 11:27:02
Thanks for all the kind words guys

I'm really amazed by him; there must have been some good genes got together in that Ghanaian burrow ...

I'd intended to leave him in peace after his move; Saada dived into her hide and disappeared but he went exploring so I grabbed the camera quick. Saada, my little cf09, decided to christen her new pad too, so weighed her today and she's still little - 665g, but as she was only 300g when she arrived last Nov, I think that's pretty respectable and if she goes on chowing down the rats (fingers crossed!) she should gain a good bit more before fasting-time comes round again. Don't think she'll ever catch up with that Shahi though ...
BlueDragon Posted - 29/08/2011 : 10:15:42
He looks huge 0_0

Yeah, it's true. Every time I get Tig out he seems to have grown ten feet over night and weighs about a bag of sugar more X ) I know he might not grow as big as the other boys, but I'm still impressed by how much he has grown on now.

I have the tobacco walnut viv, and will be getting another, four foot, for my Dragon (of which I still have yet to bring home!).

He looks very happy in there : )
Tawfik47 Posted - 28/08/2011 : 23:45:25
Nice new set up and gorgouse big lad
Royalbob Posted - 28/08/2011 : 22:50:57
Wow Bats he has come on. viv looks great as well.
n/a Posted - 28/08/2011 : 21:03:05
quote:
Originally posted by frambo

Bloody hell, 1050g and how many months!?

He hatched out in Ghana (probably) in April/May 2010.

He came to me, via dealers, suppliers, at the end of July 2010.

Not eating and no-one knew when he had last fed. In the end I had to assist ...

Then he ate. Then as a young adult he fasted. Then he began to eat again. Then he learned to eat rats ...

And just look at the lad now!
frambo Posted - 28/08/2011 : 20:53:23
Bloody hell, 1050g and how many months!?
n/a Posted - 28/08/2011 : 19:27:12
Thanks Robert - yeah, that tobacco is cool - they have a good range.

It's kind of odd - these vivs are manufactured in Castleford, Yorks, nearly next door to me but I have to get them delivered from Hyde or Surrey ...if ever I was fortunate enough to have space/cash for another viv stack, I'd contact the manufacturers direct - might get them cheaper ...dreams ...
Robert Posted - 28/08/2011 : 18:37:40
They look great Bats, I have the same but in tobacco walnut :)
n/a Posted - 28/08/2011 : 18:20:09
Thanks Bob - and Duke's younger than Shahi - should be quite some weigh-in tonight lol!
Lotabob Posted - 28/08/2011 : 17:43:02
Wow he is looking so big. Its true though you blink and they gain about 700 grams and grow a foot, Duke is due a weigh in tonight I'm so excited he was just under the 1kg mark last time he must have smashed through that barrier by now I just cant wait to see by how much.

Its so lovely to see not just my lot growing up but everyone else's on here too.
n/a Posted - 28/08/2011 : 15:56:19
Aww, thanks - but it will seem that in no time at all you'll be looking at BIG Oscar and thinking - blimey where did you come from?? I still do a double take when Shahi unfolds himself and has a prowl, oh the big handsome beast lol!

Those vivs are Vivexotic lx36 - they are about the same price from Surrey Pet Supplies/Swellreptiles - under £42 flatpack (pretty easy to assemble and any probs, people on here can help.) They do other wood tints too. I think Swellreptiles may have the edge on delivery costs - I got 6 delivered for £4!

ps in case there looks to be something missing in his viv - the stat probe is attached to the bottom front panel - you can just see the flex coming in on the left. And I hate flexes and digital thermostats so I use a temp gun. As all my snakes usually choose to crap on the unavoidable stat probe flex, this makes sense!
Lorraine Posted - 28/08/2011 : 15:02:59
Looks great. I can't imagine my little Oscar getting to that size, lol. He's only 172g!
I like the colour of those vivs.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000