The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Photos
 Drazen's first feed

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ddm10 Posted - 28/02/2009 : 19:45:48
First feed today and it went quite smoothly:

To be honest, although it looks like he's eating it here he didn't he left it on the lino and slithered off so i turned off the light and covered the front of the viv came back an hour later and it was gone. So not too painful, i think i made him nervous the first time coz i kept jumping every time he stuck i just need to ignore the urge to snap my hand away when he strikes.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ddm10 Posted - 05/03/2009 : 14:58:56
Gonna try feeding again today with something slightly bigger
KrazyKerry Posted - 03/03/2009 : 12:40:35
Nice pics ddm10, glad the feed went smoothly for you.
ddm10 Posted - 01/03/2009 : 22:25:36
oh dont worry about it, it was stuck onto the end of the 'feeding regularity' by Kashie. it's my own fault for randomly posting it into another topic.
lee2308 Posted - 01/03/2009 : 19:41:19
quote:
Originally posted by ddm10

i know what you mean it was a little small i posted up a photo of the smaller mouse with a bigger one and asked if i should feed the bigger but no one replied

did'nt see that,where was it posted
ddm10 Posted - 01/03/2009 : 18:13:29
cheers guys. i'll get a couple of rats next time i buy food. next time i feed i'll offer him a bigger mouse.
Blackecho Posted - 01/03/2009 : 15:03:05
You can try rats as soon as you like.

He probably dropped it the first time he tried to eat as he didn't get the head and it would have been awkward to eat from there. You can help him by heating the head up hotter than the rest as the aim for heat.

The prey does look a little small, try to find something of similar girth to him.

Congrats on the feed.
ddm10 Posted - 01/03/2009 : 12:59:25
i know what you mean it was a little small i posted up a photo of the smaller mouse with a bigger one and asked if i should feed the bigger but no one replied so i just went with what the shop owner said. He said to feed him the smaller this feed then his usual size from then on- i dont know why, on saturday i'll feed him a bigger one. when do you think i should try rats?
lee2308 Posted - 28/02/2009 : 21:32:11
Thats great,looks a little small though,what did you feed him?
dazb Posted - 28/02/2009 : 19:50:46
you will get used to it..

i leave the rolands now in the viv and let her hoover it up later wen shes hungry. Wont strike feed anymore, dunno why...

great news though...a feeding royal is always good, no matter in wot way they take it...

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000