The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Photos
 A couple of the newbie!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ajacklin Posted - 13/01/2012 : 19:38:05
Managed to get a couple of quick pics of my first royal "Syd".
When I collected him new years eve his previous owner said he was ready to shed, he still hasn't! But I think on the pics he does look a bit dull, can the stress of the move delay the shedding?
Hopefully I'll get some more pics soon, must remember to charge the battery in the camera in future!

15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ajacklin Posted - 31/01/2012 : 21:26:39
Well he weighed 1726g, does that sound about right? Was more than I was expecting!
ajacklin Posted - 21/01/2012 : 15:29:05
I'm going to weigh him tomorrow, his 2nd feeding attempt just so I can keep an eye on things. Didn't want to try it last week as it was his first time out of the viv after the settling period.
n/a Posted - 21/01/2012 : 15:21:44
Wow - he's not such a little guy. What weight is he? Looks very good indeed! Gorgeous snake and the lights are looking good too.
ajacklin Posted - 21/01/2012 : 15:14:37
Last few....I promise!
Tried to get a better pic showing Syd's size! Also I treated them to some new lights (well more for my benefit actually )

ajokocha Posted - 16/01/2012 : 01:16:50
Great looking royal you got there buddy :)
Lorraine Posted - 15/01/2012 : 23:38:07
Great pics. That blue sheen is perfectly normal. It's just the shine of the skin. Oscar has it all the time, especially on his head. (in fact, I think you can just see it in my sig). He doesn't look like he's ready to shed to me either. When his eyes go cloudy, you'll soon know then. They'll be blue, then they'll clear and he should shed within a couple of days of that. That and the pink belly mentioned above, although, I've never yet got to see Oscar's belly to see if it's pink, lol.
n/a Posted - 15/01/2012 : 17:22:23
Ah, sorry again!

Good to hear, thanks for being understanding!
ajacklin Posted - 15/01/2012 : 17:16:31
No it's fine, boss away, that one isn't in use yet, he has a infrared the other end, there was a hole in the top of the viv so I've fitted that as the cold end does drop really cold, I've got the stat and guard ready to fit now that his settling in period is over!
n/a Posted - 15/01/2012 : 17:13:44
Hi, the little guy is gorgeous but (and sorry if you've sorted it already) I really would recommend getting a guard for that ceramic - even statted they get frighteningly hot and could burn at a touch - sorry to sound bossy.
ajacklin Posted - 15/01/2012 : 16:42:16
Really? I've put the damp hide in and didn't know if that was a blueish tinge on the pics! If not I'll start handling him then! lol
Lotabob Posted - 15/01/2012 : 12:51:56
Lovely looking Royal. Doesn't look like he is in the process of shedding though, maybe he just meant he should shed soon by previous sheds. This isn't a reliable measure of when a shed is on its way though so dont worry about it, I'd forget he even said it, you will know when a shed is on its way. Keep an eye out for the first sign, a pinkish belly.
ajacklin Posted - 15/01/2012 : 11:34:29

Lorraine Posted - 14/01/2012 : 11:28:14
He's lovely.
chrisc Posted - 14/01/2012 : 11:07:20
lovely little royal
n/a Posted - 13/01/2012 : 19:43:40
He's a handsome lad - not sure about the shedding thing - sometimes I've thought mine are about to go blue, but they've proved me wrong. He'll shed in his own time and in the meantime, congrats on getting him, welcome home Syd!

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000