The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Photos
 My two new vivs almost finished

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Scottydog Posted - 14/02/2012 : 10:28:29
Im pleased to say Ive just about finished building my Vivarium's for Jake and Madonna. The only thing i need to add now is a fake plants, a couple of nice bits of wood (currently in the bath being treated) and lighting (on its way through the post).

All the paint dried out completely on Saturday but Ive been waiting for the fumes to clear before adding the snakes to their new homes.

I couldn't resist posting some pics of progress so far.

13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lilcaz83 Posted - 18/02/2012 : 11:42:29
They are brilliant :)
Lorraine Posted - 16/02/2012 : 12:40:27
Well, I'm waiting to see pics when you've got everything in. I'm sure grumpy will settle, lol. I hope you don't have a ventilation problem too, but I'm sure you'll sort it if you do.
Scottydog Posted - 15/02/2012 : 16:30:41
Thanks Lorraine. Yea lined them out with Polystyrene first then got to work with a hot wire cutter to cut all the rock shapes and stuck them on randomly, covered the lot with a couple of coats of watered down grout, then painted with dark grey, drybrushed light grey and then a very light drybrush of white. Laid Lino on the bottom of each shelf and sealed it for water tightness.

I introduced Madonna and Jake to their new homes last night. Jake was all over exploring all night long. Madonna was very grumpy and curled up in one of the hides and hasn't moved much since. I took her out to check she was ok and was lively as ever but when i put her back in she went staright back to the same hide again, grumpy cow. Rang the Mrs today and she said she's been exploring a bit more this afternoon so maybe she just needed a bit more time to get used to it.
Lorraine Posted - 15/02/2012 : 15:25:49
You altered cupboards!!! What a brilliant idea. They look super. Did you do the insides with polystyrene and stuff?
GMac Posted - 14/02/2012 : 19:37:58
very cool job, nice one
karl Posted - 14/02/2012 : 19:03:32
congratulations on what looks to be a top job :-)
Scottydog Posted - 14/02/2012 : 14:57:40
Thank you all for the nice comments. Yea Its been quite a bit of work but well worth it.

Yea im a bit concerned about ventilation too. I'm gonna keep an eye on it, I may have to drill some more holes in the wood at the top or maybe get some different glass with vents in but we'll see. Im trying to convince the other half to let me convert the bottom cupboards too, then i'd have to get more snake to fill them
Lotabob Posted - 14/02/2012 : 13:08:31
Cracking built in vivs, lots of work gone in and it shows. One concern I would have is lack of ventilation, you may find the ambient temps getting very hot in the top one in particular. I did a whole load of tests and dummy runs when building my stack as to heat escape etc and found ceramics kick an incredible amount of heat upwards.
jbarlow91 Posted - 14/02/2012 : 12:53:47
Looks miles better than any viv u get from a shop mate well done
n/a Posted - 14/02/2012 : 12:00:54
Wow, there's a lot of work gone into that! Looks great, congrats!
Scottydog Posted - 14/02/2012 : 11:31:06
Thanks. For the thermometers i just cut roughly the same size hole with a hot wire cutter. WIth the thickness of the grout and the paint they fit in quite snug, I havn't stuck them in because i'll wantto change the batteries at some point.
paulie78 Posted - 14/02/2012 : 10:47:28
thats fantastic love how uve mounted the thermometers too nice touch!
austin_89 Posted - 14/02/2012 : 10:45:04
Awesome! They look fantastic, well done!

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000