The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Photos
 Mating?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
markmifsud Posted - 19/03/2012 : 08:46:28
Some of you may remember me putting up a pic of my two locked on 30th October 2011, well I thought no more of it, she wasnt showing any clear signs of being gravid. She did seek out going for a swim more than normal and a few other strange things, but none related to being expectant.

Well, last night I cam home around 11pm, check on all four snakes, noticed my young (990g) pastal had shed, and nothing else worthy of note. Got up today and just before I left for work at 7:30 I did another quick check, and, erm, OMG look what I found.

bearing in mind she is a good 5 foot, and 2.3kg, she is curled up like a walnut whip :)
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
anatess Posted - 19/03/2012 : 14:36:57
Yes, it seems odd that you have an egg the day after a shed. But, you only have one egg it seems. Royals do a pre-lay shed to prepare their bodies for egg expansion before they actually lay (about a month later). But, with only one egg, she didn't need to shed until she was ready to pass the egg out, especially since she's already a big girl as it is. So, that's how you got an egg the day after a shed.
Tawfik47 Posted - 19/03/2012 : 14:06:54
Congrats!!
Kelfezond Posted - 19/03/2012 : 13:24:12
That's not true if you start introducing your males to your females in november you can expect eggs by march-april
That's what my guide says anyway if it's true or not I don't know lol
markmifsud Posted - 19/03/2012 : 13:11:40
thanks BATS :) according to the guides I have read, these eggs can not be the result of the lock I observed on 30th Oct as they would still not be ready to lay yet???/ Anyone car to hazard a guess moving back in time as to when they did mate?
n/a Posted - 19/03/2012 : 13:07:33
!!!!

Congrats! Looks eggciting!!!

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000