The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Photos
 Injured Royal? *Distressing picture*

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
C-Ruby Posted - 03/04/2012 : 00:39:33
Could someone tell me what's happened to this Royal? It isn't my own snake, but I found the picture on Google and It made me wonder.

Poor thing.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/royal%20python%20Spider/kazerella/ball_python_live_prey_1.jpg
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
LittlestarRed Posted - 22/04/2012 : 08:22:10
I really hope that the snake didn't suffer too badly! I can't get the thought of the poor snake being scared and hurt out of my mind! The damage a frightened Rat can do! If there was ever a good advert for not feeding live prey...that's it!

quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

I know - it took me days to face looking at that link - BUT, I think there's every chance that snake could have died quickly from the head injury (though who could have done or caused such a thing, it beats me) and the subsequent damage is caused by decomposition.

I believe the pic comes originally from Kazarella, one of the mods on here - while there's no way I'd think she's got anything to do with that snake's death, if she's got more info about where the pic came from, wish she could post it as it might be more reassuring than worrying about the snake dying a long and painful death.

ShadEO9 Posted - 21/04/2012 : 23:47:27
Curiosity got the better of me when I first clicked the link.
I looked for nomore than 5 seconds yet that image is still haunting my mind.
Disturbing to see such a photo
n/a Posted - 21/04/2012 : 11:54:53
I know - it took me days to face looking at that link - BUT, I think there's every chance that snake could have died quickly from the head injury (though who could have done or caused such a thing, it beats me) and the subsequent damage is caused by decomposition.

I believe the pic comes originally from Kazarella, one of the mods on here - while there's no way I'd think she's got anything to do with that snake's death, if she's got more info about where the pic came from, wish she could post it as it might be more reassuring than worrying about the snake dying a long and painful death.
LittlestarRed Posted - 21/04/2012 : 10:58:01
Shouldn't have clicked the link!!! *crying* :(. That's just horrible! Poor snake!
mariefoster Posted - 07/04/2012 : 23:55:26
quote:
Originally posted by blackskull

poor thing

i once saw the start of a video on youtube and the person filming it said this royal has just been killed by its food , and he sounded impressed by it

thats really bad,,they dont care about the snake,so they should stay keeping mice,poor thing x
Tawfik47 Posted - 06/04/2012 : 23:16:37
That's horrendous! .. something bigger than a mouse must have done that, a rat or a wild animal!!
Falice Posted - 06/04/2012 : 15:21:43
that's awful however it happened
sultanheart Posted - 06/04/2012 : 03:09:12
there are a lot of people who hate snakes.. maybe it's one of those sick people who did that.. why do we have to accuse the innocent poor mice?? a lot of possible reasons !!
n/a Posted - 05/04/2012 : 21:17:23
Why not ask Kazerella where the photo came from, and how that snake died?

To me it looks half decomposed, but you can see the injury to the head.
ShadEO9 Posted - 05/04/2012 : 21:07:22
WOW! That is so sad to see, I new i shouldnt have clicked the damn link.
Ouch
GMac Posted - 03/04/2012 : 19:29:00
Kelf it may well have tried to fight back but the damage can be done with one bite to the head, thats severe bites and easily done by rat
GMac Posted - 03/04/2012 : 19:27:35
http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=432&whichpage=2 same snake ;) posted by the guvnor (I only looked here as its our admins name in the photobucket link)
Kelfezond Posted - 03/04/2012 : 15:44:53
While I was live feeding there was a session where Angel didn't want to eat, we tried for about an hour on and off and she just ignored the mouse and ran away from it, just before giving up and taking it out the mouse decided to give Angel a bite on the tail and about 8 seconds after that the mouse was dead, I wouldn't think a royal - even if it wasn't hungry - would let itself get attacked and not fight back.
Kelfezond Posted - 03/04/2012 : 15:43:45
Aye that makes sense
reptiledanny Posted - 03/04/2012 : 15:37:58
i dont think this happened to the royal while it was alive tbh. the skin is almost pealing away from the body so to me this seems like the snake has been subjected to something after death, could be wrong though
Kelfezond Posted - 03/04/2012 : 15:31:44
I'm not convinced that is a result of live prey.
richard v Posted - 03/04/2012 : 15:30:03
That is a pretty disturbing picture, for whatever reason
Waley333 Posted - 03/04/2012 : 14:40:54
My other half came across this photo and said it was thee result of giving thee snake live prey when not hungry. Apparently they tend to 'zone' out so it wouldn't register thee prey would be even there.
Keg Posted - 03/04/2012 : 11:33:15
horrible :(
blackskull Posted - 03/04/2012 : 10:46:07
poor thing

i once saw the start of a video on youtube and the person filming it said this royal has just been killed by its food , and he sounded impressed by it

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000