The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Photos
 my new viv stack

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dazb Posted - 29/03/2009 : 19:32:33
hey guys,

well i finally got it finished so thought i would post a few pics, hope you enjoy...

Chesters new home...

Hopes new home...

Lilys new home...

My little zoo...
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
dazb Posted - 30/03/2009 : 20:16:50
quote:
Originally posted by Kazerella

looks great Daz- still two spare vivs there though, what are you getting from Donny

cheers kaz...only got 1 spare one though, and its for my lesser. but the way this credit crunch is going i wont be getting one at the first donny show...gutted...

quote:
Originally posted by matty18714

Looks mint Daz, the wooden platfroms on in the top one look nice.

Got it from local rep shop...only about afew quid and can twist afew diff ways...one of my better buys...
matty18714 Posted - 30/03/2009 : 19:49:43
Looks mint Daz, the wooden platfroms on in the top one look nice.
Kazerella Posted - 30/03/2009 : 19:43:28
looks great Daz- still two spare vivs there though, what are you getting from Donny
dazb Posted - 30/03/2009 : 12:50:59
Lee...I was looking at mounting it on a extra bit of wood and using a tin foil plate and fashioning a heat reflector. Mine still gets warm in top one, I dont use a heat source for my corn. Maintains a temp of around 29*C.

MC...all you new is a drill, saw and a screwdriver...
lee2308 Posted - 30/03/2009 : 12:09:06
cheers daz,i got a i/r lamp in the top viv of my stack and it gets very hot on top and was worried about fitting one in the middle viv as it would heat up the top one,i dont realy have the hieght in mine for hanging fixures so will try just fitting a plate to the roof.
MissCat Posted - 30/03/2009 : 08:59:53
thanks :) i am seriously considering making a viv just to see how it turns out.... of course then i would have to buy something to put in it lol.
one more question (last one i promise) what sort of power tools do you need to make one? i own no power tools at all :(
KrazyKerry Posted - 29/03/2009 : 23:40:43
Great workmanship you done there dazb, soo jealous
dazb Posted - 29/03/2009 : 23:40:06
cheers guys im really happy with how it turn out. just need to finish the decor and i will be sorted...

Lee...I ended up using hanging lamp holders and reflectors to cut down on the heat transfer. both ended up cutting it down by about 10*C i think...when i get some spare cash gonna get some different guards aswell. bigger holes to help the heat dissipate rather than build up heating the roof.

MC...I used wooden dowls and glue on the vivs in that build. This was a old office cabinet and i just cut the doors down to make the shelves. for this i used pastic blocks to sit the shelves on. like in you kitchen cabinets. I use ordinary silcon to seal them and use clear varnish on this one aswell to make make them easy to clean and water proof. I leave them to dry for a few days to get rid of any vapors.
As BE said glass from a local glazer. Normally a couple of quid a door.
lee2308 Posted - 29/03/2009 : 22:35:58
looks great daz,do those reflectors stop the vivs above from heating up to much or are the still getting hot?
Gingerpony Posted - 29/03/2009 : 21:30:07
looks great Daz
Blackecho Posted - 29/03/2009 : 20:29:12
You can get glass cut cheaply at your local glaziers.
MissCat Posted - 29/03/2009 : 20:22:41
serious jealousy here lol.
saw your sticky on building a viv, what do you use to stick all the bits together? glue? do you seal the vivs up with anything(like silicon?) also, do you have the glass specially cut? where do you get it done...
sorry so many questions ^_^
AddicksGlenn Posted - 29/03/2009 : 19:58:59
Looks absolute quality.
Well jealous
wolfspirit Posted - 29/03/2009 : 19:46:30
they are awesome, could you build me one..lol..when i have sold my tumble dryer..
Blackecho Posted - 29/03/2009 : 19:37:40
Very nice Mr B.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000