The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Photos
 What's in the box?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 18/05/2012 : 13:00:11

Inspecting his new home (the plant mat lies in a 'tent' over his warm hide, and he has a towel draping the window of his cool side and loads of foliage and cover to make a small royal feel private.

He was to be 'Suraj' (means 'sun') but somehow he's now 'Sharif' (means 'virtuous'.)

I'm not usually into morphs but decided to have just one. I'm SO pleased with him!
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 20/05/2012 : 15:11:35
Thanks Chris - yeah, so am I!

Didn't seriously think he'd take a feed today as almost 24 hrs packed up in a box must be stressful for a small snake. But he got up early yesterday and had a good explore - for 4 hours, and as Sunday's the weekly feeders' day and one of the others could recycle a refused mouse, I thought I'd just show him a mouse in case he fancied it.

It's true what they say about the spider feeding response - now for rats - have found a local breeder who'll sell me some prekilled young rats as I didn't have any frozen rats small enough.
chrisc Posted - 20/05/2012 : 14:07:12
good lad bet hes happy now
n/a Posted - 20/05/2012 : 13:29:33
Just a little update -

The lad tackles his sunday lunch. Sorry lousy pic but didn'twant to disturb him too much.
n/a Posted - 18/05/2012 : 21:57:45
Thanks Blackskull
blackskull Posted - 18/05/2012 : 21:36:31
very nice indeed
n/a Posted - 18/05/2012 : 20:48:07
Thanks guys - yeah I'm smitten! Lovely to have a new snake child ...ohh dear, maternal feeling lol
JanieW Posted - 18/05/2012 : 20:25:48
Lovely little fella you have there Bats :) Congrats
Laws Posted - 18/05/2012 : 20:17:34
LOVE LOVE LOVE him!!!!
n/a Posted - 18/05/2012 : 18:29:39
LOL - thanks Bob, yeah meant to post and say I'd got my Spider but he doesn't begin with a 'T'!

Yup, can't wait to let him settle in and feed - and now I can get small amounts of prekilled rats locally at reasonable prices from a rat breeder. I only have weaners and adults in the freezer but am going to get Sharif some pups and fluffs asap. Get him going in the right way lol.
Lotabob Posted - 18/05/2012 : 18:19:50
Oh dear BATS I think there has been some confusion, when I said you needed a spider in youtr life this wasn't what I mean't

He is lovely, definitely a Sharif. Look forward to the post settled in pictures, if I remember rightly Spiders are known for their keen appetite.
n/a Posted - 18/05/2012 : 17:10:20
Thanks guys - ohhhh dear, can't have another snake atm (famous last words) but my Surahi (normal dinker) is a mojave lookalike (do love mojaves!)

The shop (have had snakes from them before and trust them) tell me he's a good feeder - have heard spiders generally are, although he's a small lad for his age but wait till I introduce him to rats lol. And no sign of the head wobble, though as he's a pet with no breeding plans this isn't a problem if it develops.

He certainly didn't do any wobbling when I unpacked him today - though i did!
austin_89 Posted - 18/05/2012 : 17:01:01
Lovely new addition BATS
ppl_clectr Posted - 18/05/2012 : 16:46:25
quote:
I'm not usually into morphs but decided to have just one. I'm SO pleased with him!

Oh BATS, it is the start of an addiction...it'll be a mojave next...:D
ppl_clectr Posted - 18/05/2012 : 16:44:01
Congratulations BATS!! I love my spider boy. They are great feeders generally :) He is absolutely gorgeous, nice head pattern.
n/a Posted - 18/05/2012 : 16:23:05
Yeah, Fezza, they are incredible in the flesh, can't believe him lol.

Thanks Mystra - yeah I'd forgotten myself - lovely to have another baby! Need to get him on to rats though and get him filled out.

Can't wait to get another look at him but he's got himself well dug in there ...
mystra Posted - 18/05/2012 : 16:16:13
awww he's lovely BATS! i always forget how diddly they are when young, bless him, so cute!!
Fezza Posted - 18/05/2012 : 15:51:59
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

Thanks guys!

Yeah, Fezza I undid the outer cardboard box, delved into the crumpled newspaper, undid the polybox, delved into more crumpled newspaper and heat thingy, found the cricket box and just went -!!!!!

I never realised he'd look like this. I picked him up to put him in his viv and tried to take a pic but my hand was shaking too much!

Can't believe his colouring!

Stunning, no doubt!

I've never really thought about a spider, I may now have to reconsider
n/a Posted - 18/05/2012 : 14:44:25
Thanks guys!

Yeah, Fezza I undid the outer cardboard box, delved into the crumpled newspaper, undid the polybox, delved into more crumpled newspaper and heat thingy, found the cricket box and just went -!!!!!

I never realised he'd look like this. I picked him up to put him in his viv and tried to take a pic but my hand was shaking too much!

Can't believe his colouring!
Kelfezond Posted - 18/05/2012 : 14:39:02
Nice new addition!
chrisc Posted - 18/05/2012 : 14:20:56
very nice spider, congrats

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000