The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Videos
 Eating Duke style

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lotabob Posted - 07/03/2011 : 21:26:59
He tolerated the light so decided a filming session was in order.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1gvE2O89S0

As you can see Duke is a rare type of tortoise-snake hybrid never venturing far out of his shell.

The bit that amazed me is he was struggling with rat feet pointing forwards and he brings out a bit of his body to push the feet forward. That shows real intelligence.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lotabob Posted - 07/03/2011 : 22:29:42
I think I've decided that he isn't shy, not one bit. He is just lazy/laid back. He was happy for me to sit right in front of him while he ate and didn't react at all, he even sits still when I pick him up these days, occasionally does a half ballup but usually just stays in the same position until he's out and sitting on my lap.

I love to watch all my snakes eat but this was the first time i've seen Duke eat without it been from across a dark room. Was a good thing too, my corn is shedding and I needed my weekly fix.
n/a Posted - 07/03/2011 : 22:09:35
LOL - if that snake was any more laid-back he'd topple over!

He certainly takes life easy! Love the big grin as the feet go down, then the mouth-wiping and tongue-flicking ... 'Cor, going to sleep that off for a week now ...'

Nice vid!
Lotabob Posted - 07/03/2011 : 22:01:57
Thanks, its the first attempt at feeding with the lights on, used my cameras single light, it caused a tonne of glare but was amazing to see him eat, it doesn't show on the camera but the way his mouth works just fascinated me, and his teeth were brilliant too. It blew me away when he got a bit stuck and used his body to push the feet back, I've seen intelligent acts from them before but never like that.
blackskull Posted - 07/03/2011 : 21:51:56
loved it. i love watching them eat

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000