The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 brute force boa

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Baobab Posted - 02/03/2014 : 13:47:14
We are currently treating all our snakes and vivs with ardap and frontline due to a mite outbreak. As the viv needs to be left empty for 24 hours after ardap the snakes have been playing musical vivs. Winny our 7 foot Boa had to spend the night in a 4 foot viv instead of her usual 6*3*3. She must have braised herself against the back of the viv and pushed at the edge of the glass because instead of managing to slide open the door she just pushed it out runners and all. Little sod.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Baobab Posted - 08/03/2014 : 02:15:26
Have used Callingtons last time (which cost just shy of £200) but we must have missed some as they have re-appeared after 5 or 6 months. This is why we went back to front line this time. Which worked out way cheaper than the amount of tins of callington required for 30 snakes and vivs. Can't disagree with you that callingtons is way safer. Mite off is supposed to be even safer than callingtons but then again it doesnt get rid of the mites.
chrisc Posted - 07/03/2014 : 21:13:47
i don't understand why vet's still recomend frontline for mite treatment apart from them making money from it.

callington's is a much safer option for getting shot of mite's not my personal choice of treatment but a million time's safer than frontline
Baobab Posted - 03/03/2014 : 08:59:00
She is just a bundle of mischief.
We have previously used frontline following the advise of two local rep vets. The frontline gets sprayed onto a tissue which is then used to wipe down the snake. We then leave their water out of the viv for 24 hours following this treatment.
This is the first time we have used ardap however. Was a bit worried about using Ardap after reading some horror stories but these seem to have been the result of not leaving the viv empty for 24 hours following spraying.
chrisc Posted - 03/03/2014 : 07:39:58
glad she didn't get far
using olive oil to treat the snake's is a much safer way than risking their health if your putting frontline directly onto the snake
rockroyal Posted - 03/03/2014 : 02:07:02
Bless her cotton socks
Baobab Posted - 02/03/2014 : 14:06:39
Fortunately she broke out in the rep room which has been reasonably well snakeproofed so she had nowhere to hide or jam herself under or into. I put CCTV in the rep room as well so I can keep an eye on them (this was after we lost little Flikka due to choking on substrate) but she must have broken out in slow motion as it didn't record the jailbreak. The only bit that was recorded was earlier when she kept pushing the paper about trying to get a grip. She did get a smacked botty though.
Kelfezond Posted - 02/03/2014 : 13:48:12
Haha sneaky beast! Hope she didn't get far!

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000