The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 If the enclosure is regulated, why hibernate?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alves76 Posted - 22/03/2014 : 17:25:46
Just wondering what makes pet royals go into hibernation. If our RUBs or vivs are regulated with respect to heat and possibly even light, then what sets them off? Anyone know?

Just curious.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
coxcats Posted - 25/03/2014 : 09:46:27
2 of mine haven't eaten since October. Boris does come out though but mostly it's briefly. Ria hardly moves at all but she definitely doesn't hibernate. She is always awake when I poke her lol
hodgie Posted - 23/03/2014 : 09:39:22
I`ve been keeping Royals for 5 years now, and have never heard that they hibernate,
However when they go into a fast they tend to spend all their time in the warm end and become very inactive to save energy but definately don`t hibernate.
phlegmatical Posted - 23/03/2014 : 09:36:15
Maybe air pressures?
Alves76 Posted - 22/03/2014 : 21:55:17
Just had to edit my original post. Good grief, predictive text on a tablet can be annoying. I should proof read more though.
Alves76 Posted - 22/03/2014 : 21:52:46
I was thinking that perhaps some showed no signs of hibernation. I suppose if no artificial light is used they may detect the shorter days.
rustyp1974 Posted - 22/03/2014 : 19:19:52
Over the couple of winters that I've had mine they haven't shown any signs of hibernation. But they have been on & off food over the last couple of months but never actually gone on a fast as such. All temps & humidity remain the same as usual.
Kelfezond Posted - 22/03/2014 : 17:38:49
As far as I know mine don't hibernate. Sometimes I lower temperatures during breeding season but honestly I don't notice much behavior differences from mine all year round apart from in the winter where our house heating is on more and we get bad sheds from them drying out.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000