The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Feeding attempt 2.5 worked!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alves76 Posted - 31/03/2014 : 12:01:15
So Saturday was feeding day again. Last Saturday didn’t work so well as Mrs Snake was still getting used to her new home. This time round it Mrs Snake was hungry.

She wasn’t interested in the rat when dangling in front of her. She went back into her hide. However, I left the rat on a log and turned off the lights. 5 mins later and Mrs Snake was coiled around the rat…in the water bowl! Another 5 mins later and the rat was floating in the water bowl with an annoyed looking snake sitting beside it.

I think that either Mrs Snake was getting a mouthful of water along with the rat or the water cooled the rat down. Either way she wasn’t interested, but I thought she was hungry.

So I defrosted another rat over hot water and warmed it up with a hair dryer. I then arranged it at the cool side like it was walking and turned out the lights. 5 mins later Mrs Snake was coiled around the rat again, this time on the substrate. After a while I checked up and the rat was gone.

What joy!
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alves76 Posted - 31/03/2014 : 18:37:39
Indeed. It's been 48 hours tonight so I'm planning to take her out and check how the shedding went.
boomslang Posted - 31/03/2014 : 17:28:20
That's good news then.don't sound like you'll have any problems with her.
Alves76 Posted - 31/03/2014 : 12:34:51
Yea, I'm a very happy man.
Kelfezond Posted - 31/03/2014 : 12:19:44
Success! :D

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000