The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 feeding willow today

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
luna Posted - 07/04/2014 : 12:56:20
Well its willows feeding day today and yep I'm slightly anxious about it she has certainly settled and is a lovely snake and extremely nosey always out and about but I know once I've got this over and done with I can relax (wish me luck)
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
luna Posted - 10/04/2014 : 14:28:46
Thanks Derek for advice I'll give it a go I think and see how she goes x
Derek FRS Posted - 10/04/2014 : 03:01:12
Plenty of people do feed outside the viv but i feed all my snakes in there viv. Also don't read into that feeding in the viv will make them strike allot more personally ive never had any problems plus when my female boa gets to her adult size i wouldn't fancy trying to move an 8ft 30lb snake in feeding mode would almost deffonately end in tears lol :) so id try feeding in her viv she could be more likely to take her feed as that is where she will feel safe and secure but it is entirely up to you thats just what i would try :)
luna Posted - 09/04/2014 : 19:55:49
Had thought about drop feeding but the shop I got her from always feed snakes outside the viv so maybe shes just not hungry that said she hasn't pooed yet either, so once she's pooed maybe she will feed
Derek FRS Posted - 08/04/2014 : 02:58:17
Have you tried a drop feed with her just pop the rat/mouse in her viv before you go to bed and leave it over night ?? My male pastel and female spider both eat this way both refuse to strike feed so i just pop there rat in before lights out and go to bed if the rat is still there in the morning then take it out but usually when i go downstairs in the morning they have eaten :)
boomslang Posted - 07/04/2014 : 18:58:15
Better luck next time :)
Alves76 Posted - 07/04/2014 : 17:50:28
Bummer. I don't know if others experience this, but I get excited on feeding day...and then feel really dejected when it doesn't happen. Didn't happen for me on Sat past.

I hope the next feed is a winner.
luna Posted - 07/04/2014 : 16:47:49
ok she didnt feed better luck next time to be honest she did feed just before I got her which was just over 2 weeks ago xx
Alves76 Posted - 07/04/2014 : 13:29:41
All the best. Hope it goes well.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000