The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Moving back onto rats ??

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Derek FRS Posted - 21/05/2014 : 23:05:30
Hi every1 well my pastel broke his fast since mid november about 2 weeks ago by taking a jumbo mouse so i thot id offer him a rat last week with no success :( but i offered another jumbo mouse tonight and he struck it straight away so he obviously wants mice but do i just feed him what he wants or just keep offering rats till he accepts again its a tough 1 lol what would you do

Cheers in advance :)
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hodgie Posted - 27/05/2014 : 13:20:01
You need to take into account that your Royal maybe at a weight that its happy with, they don`t all keep on growing forever. I have a normal female who got to 1500g in approx 2 years, 3 years on and she`s only 1600g. She eats about 4 times a year now. They very rarely come out of a fast with the same feeding response.
RachandRob Posted - 27/05/2014 : 11:50:03
Our little spider went through the same thing....would only take hamsters. We have managed to get him on mice and he is growing nicely. Seeing as he is so young I will wait a tad and then try rats ...the joys of fussy royals, gotta love em!
Baobab Posted - 22/05/2014 : 12:55:20
They can be a pain can't they. Our Champagne will only eat multi's at the moment, so at some point were going to have to try getting her onto rats/mice. While she's eating we'll continue for a while until she puts on a bit more weight.
Murphy123 Posted - 22/05/2014 : 10:43:19
I have the same problem,my two males were taking rats no bother then all of a sudden wouldn't touch them now they will only take one jumbo mouse each,I have tried to give them two but they will only take one,also tried rats again and had no luck so it looks like it's mice until they decide they don't like mice, got to love royals ;)

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000