The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 moving house

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
spor Posted - 01/10/2009 : 23:26:37
Well some sad news for us. but great in other ways.

Sad news first.. For the last 2 years we have lived in a small village next door to a bar and at the weekends the noise has got worse and worse. 4am most weekends before we can get to sleep, kids get woken up. people in our garden etc etc. So we finally decided enough was enough and have be looking for a new house for the past few weeks.

Finally we think we have found one. just waiting for land lord to come back and confirm.
The sad news is that he does not want any PETS in the house. Fish are okay but nothing else......

Good news. there is a massive garage that comes with the house with insulated walls, waterproofed flooring, and several electricty points.

So it looks like i maybe be able to get a bit of a reptile room set up. of course all the gerbils and hamsters and Degus will have to go in there as well.

More sad news. We love our dog to bits. and she has always been a house dog to us and we really wouldn't be happy and don't think she would be happy having to stay outside all the time. so we have had to make a very difficult decision and decided that we will have to find her a new home. it will be a difficult couple of weeks now we the impending thought that she won't be coming with us.
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mancunian Posted - 06/10/2009 : 15:41:01
It can be very difficult finding a proprty to rent that is pet friendly. I was lucky in finding somewhere quite quickly that would let me keep my dog. I could never have re-homed him as he is an old boy now (15). It sometimes pays to contact the landlord directly as some will allow a pet whereas letting agents are stricter and always default to the "No Pets" rule.

I am glad you have found somewhere for your dog though, and as you know who they are you can get progress repoprts on how they are doing!

Good luck with the move.
wolfspirit Posted - 05/10/2009 : 11:57:13
thats fantastic news and must be such a relief for you..

fingers crossed for you now that all goes well for you with the move;-)
spor Posted - 04/10/2009 : 22:53:26
thanks all for the good wishes
Robert Posted - 04/10/2009 : 22:36:13
I hope the move goes well, pleased to hear that you have a good home for your dog too :)
MissCat Posted - 04/10/2009 : 09:38:27
quote:
Originally posted by spor

quote:
Originally posted by MissCat

Spor, is the move looking to be a permanent thing or will you be looking for somewhere else to live that you could have your dog at?
I am only asking because ,IF that is the case, can no one dog-sit for you for a while?
Was gonna offer myself til i looked on the members map and saw where you were.
It's sad :(

Awwwh. thank you for that thought.
the move will be more permanent. Think we have found the perfect home for her though. a good friend of my mother in laws ( one of those friends that gets called auntie even though they are not related)
she has had labs all her live. her father was blind and used guide dogs and when the dog reached retirement age they went and lived the rest of their lives with her. last week her last dog had to be put to sleep and the grand age of 16. so she was planning to go to the kennels to see what was there. but she has heard about our situation and her eyes lit up and she said she would love to take her.

That's great news :)
spor Posted - 04/10/2009 : 01:46:06
quote:
Originally posted by MissCat

Spor, is the move looking to be a permanent thing or will you be looking for somewhere else to live that you could have your dog at?
I am only asking because ,IF that is the case, can no one dog-sit for you for a while?

Awwwh. thank you for that thought.
the move will be more permanent. Think we have found the perfect home for her though. a good friend of my mother in laws ( one of those friends that gets called auntie even though they are not related)
she has had labs all her live. her father was blind and used guide dogs and when the dog reached retirement age they went and lived the rest of their lives with her. last week her last dog had to be put to sleep and the grand age of 16. so she was planning to go to the kennels to see what was there. but she has heard about our situation and her eyes lit up and she said she would love to take her.
MissCat Posted - 03/10/2009 : 18:57:41
fjfenton Posted - 03/10/2009 : 15:48:01
Congrats on getting the house
Really sorry about your dog tho
wolfspirit Posted - 03/10/2009 : 08:48:17
good luck Sean, hope it all works out for you;-)

what about the dog?
karl Posted - 02/10/2009 : 23:24:10
best of luck mate, I know my son comes before anything else in my house
spor Posted - 02/10/2009 : 22:47:37
WELL JUST GOT WORD TODAY THAT THE HOUSE IS OURS AND WE CAN MOVE IN IN 6WEEKS (oops sorry for caps)
would love to be able to wait but we really have to put the kids first and as my wife doesn't drive we need to be near schools and not to far from work and doctors etc.
karl Posted - 02/10/2009 : 10:32:44
crappy position to be in mate, hope it all works out for you
kimitree Posted - 02/10/2009 : 09:00:05
I really do feel for you there, such an awful position to be in.

I really hope you get something sorted... could you not just say to the potential new Landlord that the dog will stay in the garage?

It's quite frustrating that so many Landlords say no to pets, I know it's something the RSPCA was campaigning against earlier in the year as it's attributing to an increase in the rehoming/abandoning of pets!
Remmy Posted - 02/10/2009 : 08:57:04
That is sad, couldnt you find somewhere where you can take the dog.
PurplePets Posted - 02/10/2009 : 08:11:54
quote:
Originally posted by wolfspirit

thats sad, cant you go somewhere that you can take your dog to?

I agree with this, i really couldn't go somewhere my pets would not be allowed, i would need to keep looking. I really dont envy your situation, it must be horrible
wolfspirit Posted - 02/10/2009 : 06:34:15
thats sad, cant you go somewhere that you can take your dog to?
lee2308 Posted - 02/10/2009 : 00:43:42
quote:
Originally posted by spor

The sad news is that he does not want any beds in the house. Fish are okay but nothing else......

What will you sleep on?you might get a bit damp in a aquarium.

edit forgot to say sorry you cant take the dog,but on a good note bring on the rep room

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000